IGNORED

BoC promo record put up for sale on eBay

playbynumbers

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He got lucky, didn't even have to stay up all night.

I totally read this as a Daft Punk reference and now I have that fucking song stuck in my head.

Personally I'd sell this in a heartbeat - it'd literally pay away the debt I'm currently tackling with dedicated budgeting and saving. But I'd also make a couple high quality rips of the audio, white noise and all, and put them out online. The experience of owning it as a collector is nothing compared to the experience of finding it in the first place and being thrown into the middle of a huge mystery.

I'd bury it.

That's not a bad idea in a way, hiding it for years, decades or even longer for someone to potentially find again - it's that or simply archive it as a piece of electronic music history. Upon further thought, if I owned it I'd be tempted to slip this into a different and far more mysterious sleeve and putting it in a huge collection of records somewhere so someone could randomly stumble upon it again.

On a cynical note, when do you think a fake will go up on ebay?

The experience of owning it as a collector is nothing compared to the experience of finding it in the first place and being thrown into the middle of a huge mystery.

exactly. the guy's already had the best from it and now he can travel the world.

i'd sell it.

It'd get sold without a doubt. As a collectors piece it's unique as it's the entity which kick started the whole treasure hunt. So even if it gets repressed and distributed (highly unlikely) it stands alone as the instigator. However, I am amazed at what the biddings at so far. Thats crazy. Who is bidding on this? Do they understand the dynamics of ebay? Bidding at this stage is like shooting yourself in the foot. I don't get out of bed until 20 seconds until the bids ending, and thats just to log in. I wouldn't rule out this being part of the marketing thing, and if so, it's a nice touch.

Whats the story with this vinyl, there was talk that there were six sent out all over the world? Was that confirmed? I know Avalanche have one and the one on ebay. Pretty cool to think there were another four scattered around Asia, South America, Africa and Sri Lanka. Just sitting there.

Guest jasondonervan

I'm hedging my bets that this ends up re-listed at least once, 'due to timewasters'.

The jealousy thing is bizarre. I hope he gets lots of cash for it and does something useful with it.

yeah what's the problem? people saying he doesn't deserve it? does the nutcase that splurges $5K to never play it, deserve it more?

It'd get sold without a doubt. As a collectors piece it's unique as it's the entity which kick started the whole treasure hunt. So even if it gets repressed and distributed (highly unlikely) it stands alone as the instigator. However, I am amazed at what the biddings at so far. Thats crazy. Who is bidding on this? Do they understand the dynamics of ebay? Bidding at this stage is like shooting yourself in the foot. I don't get out of bed until 20 seconds until the bids ending, and thats just to log in. I wouldn't rule out this being part of the marketing thing, and if so, it's a nice touch.

Whats the story with this vinyl, there was talk that there were six sent out all over the world? Was that confirmed? I know Avalanche have one and the one on ebay. Pretty cool to think there were another four scattered around Asia, South America, Africa and Sri Lanka. Just sitting there.

I'm sure there are six (to fit in with the six codes, hexagon, etc.), but whether or not they were actually distributed elsewhere than US/UK remains to be seen. I bet someone inside WARP has one, if not several people. It was a good thing they decided to release the other codes via other methods, because if it were just the six records, each with it's own code, I doubt the whole thing would have resolved itself as quickly.

All the records have the same code, no? I'm sure it was the plan all along to disperse there codes via various media.

The jealousy thing is bizarre. I hope he gets lots of cash for it and does something useful with it.

yeah what's the problem? people saying he doesn't deserve it? does the nutcase that splurges $5K to never play it, deserve it more?

A true fan who appreciates its beauty and who would never sell it is the one who deserves it. It's a Charlie Bucket vs. Veruca Salt kinda thing.

It has zero to do with jealousy, btw.

All the records have the same code, no? I'm sure it was the plan all along to disperse there codes via various media.

Yeah, this is more likely than the 6 records, 6 different codes version. Why go through so much trouble of releasing codes through various media channels when you've already released all the codes through 6 records? Point: they didnt release all 6 codes through these 6 records, just one.

A true fan who appreciates its beauty and who would never sell it is the one who deserves it. It's a Charlie Bucket vs. Veruca Salt kinda thing.

It has zero to do with jealousy, btw.

real fan

if i had this i would buy 12 new turntables which i would use to play the record once a month. it would be at dawn and i would wear a blue robe/shower curtain (funds are low atm, since i purchased this for $12,000). one candle would be lit (lavender breeze yankee candle tbh). the cats would be locked in a closet so they couldn't rub against me during the holy climax. phone would be on mute or maybe vibrate just in case of emergency. i would divorce my wife for complete solitude, boc style. during the part with the numbers i would probably have a sexual orgasm or whatever. once i did this for one year i would take a judy garland dose of barbiturates, head to the bathtub with a bottle of merlot and wait for this life to slip away softly, this life that would only taint the memory of those 20 seconds of ineffable blessings provided by this lp. 7/10

if i had this i would buy 12 new turntables which i would use to play the record once a month. it would be at dawn and i would wear a blue robe/shower curtain (funds are low atm, since i purchased this for $12,000). one candle would be lit (lavender breeze yankee candle tbh). the cats would be locked in a closet so they couldn't rub against me during the holy climax. phone would be on mute or maybe vibrate just in case of emergency. i would divorce my wife for complete solitude, boc style. during the part with the numbers i would probably have a sexual orgasm or whatever. once i did this for one year i would take a judy garland dose of barbiturates, head to the bathtub with a bottle of merlot and wait for this life to slip away softly, this life that would only taint the memory of those 20 seconds of ineffable blessings provided by this lp. 7/10

I thought my idea of listening to Tomorrow's Harvest on an isolated forest cliff overlooking the sea was good, but no way can it top this...

anyway my point was that it should've gone to someone who actually wanted it (for reasons other than selling it)

I don't see how that's a controversial position lol

Guest RadarJammer

anyway my point was that it should've gone to someone who actually wanted it (for reasons other than selling it)

I don't see how that's a controversial position lol

i would rather never listen to music again than be the kind of person who gets that sentimental and attached to shit like this

Archived