IGNORED

BoC promo record put up for sale on eBay

playbynumbers

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

he could use that money to live. all you can do with a record like that is fall in love with it like a fool

Watch warp press a large batch of these records after someone buys it for such a ridiculous price. I would laugh my ass off at the buyer.

*checks to see if I woke up in the Twilight Zone this morning*

*realizes I don't know how to check such a thing*

just look outside your window and see if you spot rod serling.

Watch warp press a large batch of these records after someone buys it for such a ridiculous price. I would laugh my ass off at the buyer.

or they will just be given away freely to everyone that pre-ordered the record

then the guy who got the record store day vinyl wins some special prize like a 2 second interview with boc

*checks to see if I woke up in the Twilight Zone this morning*

*realizes I don't know how to check such a thing*

just look outside your window and see if you spot rod serling.

oh fuck he's taking a dump on my lawn

Currently 4.6k... Wow

That's over the top! Kinda looks like the '08 housing bubble.

You don't think a bunch of rich kids working at banks are into boards of canada, right? Nah, if they were, they'd totally snipe it in the last seconds.

Guest RadarJammer

maybe its WARP driving the price up to make sure people will keep blogging about BOC for awhile

It didn't look like people we're not blogging? And it's way cheaper to put some fake leaks in the open to keep the chatter going.

These people bid way too high way too early. I could imagine bids like this in the final minutes. Not 5 days before the end of the auction. Of course I'm repeating the sentiments already stated, but WTF. This is nuts.

Guest Ron Manager

Yeah, these guys are shit at eBay.

It's partly for that reason that I doubt these are real bids at this point though.

This is kind of why I'm stumped that Warp haven't done any Limited Edition of the new album at all.

BOC haven't released anything in eight years, surely some fancy 180 gm vinyl with bonus tracks would be a license to print money?

Way to squander a huge financial opportunity.

has anyone read the seller's blurb?

He basically states that he's just some college kid that got sent the item...So why would he have it? I'd understand if it was a journalist but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I came in this morning to find a mailer waiting for me in the post and as you will all now know by now it was the Boards Of Canada 12″.

You can hear what it had to reveal here

Much more on its whereabouts and what we will be doing for the album release tomorrow.

BOC-sleeve-300x224.jpg

i said when these things appeared that avalanche would have one. looks like they're not selling it.

Guest Ron Manager

Man, if I had this, I would sell it in a flash and go on the most insane Discogs spending spree ever... i'm getting a boner imagining all the awesome shit you could exchange this for.

wouldn't surprise me if some bidders are leading him on out of spite with no intentions of buying it. throw £10,000 on it.

seems a bit out of the ordinary now at this stage.

Yeah, these guys are shit at eBay.

It's partly for that reason that I doubt these are real bids at this point though.

ching ching yep, spiteful messing

Archived