IGNORED

really boring pictures thread

gmanyo

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mcmansions.jpg

seriously though, Texan post-80s tract home sprawl takes the cake, especially DFW because Houston has more trees...

dallas_suburbs_overhead.jpg

Fairview.jpg

04VS6sOdGQcLZ_1426.jpg

Richland-Hills-bargain.jpg

dallas_map1.jpg

and all have a...

R-2167599-1269492688.jpeg.jpg

seriously though, Texan post-80s tract home sprawl takes the cake, especially DFW because Houston has more trees...

Yeah, I lived in Houston for many years. The suburban sprawl is boring as fuuuuuuuuuuuuk. The older areas have trees. Newer developments, not so much.

Yeah, I lived in Houston for many years. The suburban sprawl is boring as fuuuuuuuuuuuuk. The older areas have trees. Newer developments, not so much.

Yeah certain parts like the west side of the metroplex are pretty sparse foliage wise, and very monotonous to drive through as all the neighborhoods and exburbs look the same. When I drive to visit my in-laws in Spring, which to me is more pleasant in terms of house aesthetics and the amount of trees, we often drive on FM 1960 which is seriously the longest stretch of strip mall shopping centers in existence. That area was like the perfect storm of multiple developments merging together, and that road is like the consumer artery for them all.

mcmansions.jpg

Maybe it's just me... but that picture is actually kind of cool.

Yeah same here, as an observer, as I liked gmanyo's 'burb pic for the same reason. I lived on USAF base housing that was just as cookie cutter (and way smaller) but the advantage was we knew we got to move out of in a few years.

Archived