IGNORED

Awesome new skin

YangYing

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed that if you click the paint brush in the upper right hand corner you can choose between 4 BoC themed images!!! Wow this is sweet! Thanks Joyrex :D

Sparkley - Reminds me of the Windows 7 glass/aqua theme

Edit - does it not cache between pages, it seems to reload the background every time ....

I really like it, looks very slick.

The backgrounds look awfully pixelated though.

edit: and the standard font is slightly too small.

*whine whine*

Thanks, everyone - backgrounds not caching... I'll look into that. Dunno if I have control over that or not - really surprised they don't by default.

Pixelated backgrounds - they're highly compressed JPG images - I didn't want to have huge images loading, taking forever to display...

Is the skin permanent? Well, for awhile - I plan on adding more images to choose from (non BoC ones), but you can always change it via the "Change Theme" link in the lower left corner.

The backgrounds are large so people with large monitors (looks sweet if you fullscreen in Chrome and have a 1080P or higher monitor) won't have any dead areas.

Thanks, everyone - backgrounds not caching... I'll look into that. Dunno if I have control over that or not - really surprised they don't by default.

Pixelated backgrounds - they're highly compressed JPG images - I didn't want to have huge images loading, taking forever to display...

Is the skin permanent? Well, for awhile - I plan on adding more images to choose from (non BoC ones), but you can always change it via the "Change Theme" link in the lower left corner.

The backgrounds are large so people with large monitors (looks sweet if you fullscreen in Chrome and have a 1080P or higher monitor) won't have any dead areas.

It does look sweet, awesome work man!

This one is percentage-based, so if there's enough demand, I can do a fixed-width one as well.

Did you get these images from BoC directly? Not seen any of this art yet.

The first one is lifted off BoC's homepage, and the others are screengrabs from the 1080P video of Reach for the Dead.

I unfortunately don't have a scanner anymore, so I couldn't scan in the artwork directly.

Nice skin, but I'd like it even better if I could just pick a solid background color. :whistling:

I'll be adding more backgrounds to choose from as well as solid colours/patterns for those who prefer more subtle stuff.

slow scrolling for me

Might be your machine - older computer? You can of course switch to the other skins if this one is too taxing on your machine. I've got a minimal-bandwidth skin planned too.

Another neat feature - at the top of posts, there is an icon next to "XX replies to this post" - you can change the default layout to display a more minimal view, and it's remembered via a cookie so you don't have to set it every time.

Archived