IGNORED

Awesome new skin

YangYing

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

I really like the theme's design, very nice - but not too keen on the background loading each time the page is refreshed as mentioned. Would like an option to either 'turn off' the backgrounds or just have it a plain neutral colour.

Hmm... when I control-click on posts to open them in a new window, it opens a new window but stays on the current one and goes through to the clicked link as well.

No problems scrolling this end (1920x1200 resolution)

Guest jasondonervan

Hmm... when I control-click on posts to open them in a new window, it opens a new window but stays on the current one and goes through to the clicked link as well.

Ignore me, it's only doing it on 'Recent Topics' posts on the main page.

I like the new skin quite a bit, and some of the backgrounds. I'm using the skyline one right now. I think the background images are a bit low-res though, except for the skyline. More options in the future would be good. But props for the change! I normally don't like forum changes, because they never look any more modern than the previous look, sometimes cheesier. But this is nice. One of the most modern & clean forum skins I've seen.

The fonts are a little bit on the small side throughout, though. Sure I can adjust on my end, but a global update might be better. It's just a matter of one or two points on some things like the forum descriptions on the home page, and even the forum and thread titles on the home and forum portals. Once viewing a thread, everything looks great size-wise.

I'm also getting some slow scrolling as mentioned, and agree that it would be nice for the image to cache.

won't have any dead areas.

2560x1440 resolution

Being on a large screen much like yourself (exactly), I still prefer that sites, especially forums, be limited to a fixed width as long as it's not super narrow, so that text lines don't go on and on on and on. It's bad for readability. And I like seeing some of the background image. A 1300 pixel width is very generous for a max size. And I just noticed it scales down to a minimum size of 980 when you scale your browser window...this is a perfect set-up if you ask me.

PVrfQtu.jpg

2560x1440 resolution

Hmm. The images are supposed to be 2560x1440! Dunno why you're getting that black area at the bottom...

Regarding the font - I can increase the base size, but then I am sure I'm going to get people complaining it's too big... for me, it's the right size (I'm on 1920x1080) for readability. Let me see what an adjustment would do. And thanks for the feedback, everyone!

I'll add more backgrounds (including some plain ones - a nice turquoise, perhaps?) shortly.

How do I turn the background off? I hate it.

You can click the paintbrush in the upper right to change it to another image (more images coming shortly), or change the theme altogether (lower left, "Change Theme" link).

2560x1440 resolution

Being on a large screen much like yourself (exactly), I still prefer that sites, especially forums, be limited to a fixed width as long as it's not super narrow, so that text lines don't go on and on on and on. It's bad for readability. And I like seeing some of the background image. A 1300 pixel width is very generous for a max size. And I just noticed it scales down to a minimum size of 980 when you scale your browser window...this is a perfect set-up if you ask me.

I adjusted the max-width to 1080... a bit more narrow as you were right - way too wide.

Archived