• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

Old skool IE goes for the minimalist vibe

CqDQKHI.jpg

do i really look like that?

It's your inner beauty that counts.

Joyrex, I think it makes more sense the Create New Topic button would switch places with the New Content link (hierarchically you're more likely to check for newest content..)

atBkVIo.jpg

I *think* I can change that... the "Start New Topic" button is an addon, rather than a default feature of the forum, whereas the "View New Content" is built in.

(I totally know it can be changed, but how involved that is as well if it causes any issues is what I need to evaluate).

although I do think the formatting/sizing/spacing could do with a little tweaking, i.e. increase the default font size by a bit and reduce the side margins to create a bit more spacing between elements.

edit: starting text in individual posts needs to be moved down a little, it's kind of squished at the top relative to the avatar.

Yeah, I was looking into that - and a good idea on where the text starts in each post - I agree totally.

what if you dont like / never heard BoC? anyway to change it just to a standard background? this is not cool.

There will be other artist/release-themed skins soon - we've just made the Tomorrow's Harvest skin the default for now. There will be a generic version of this skin that will have a mixture of artist and non-music backgrounds, so you have more choice.

Nice! If I could make a request...

... how bout grabbing some of the track art from Cro Magnox?

That would be dope.

the seperate artwork for the tracks

ogIUTRQ.jpg

QwyRkAA.jpg

hF5LVgX.jpgqmywBpz.jpg

n8N3g11.jpg

AQtu9BC.jpg

tZ7GhoW.jpg

GfJjSko.jpg

SEacnC6.jpg

eV5gSJ1.jpg

5Rb7R8u.jpg

7VinBpp.jpg

bftaZYT.jpg

ZR4aUDT.jpg

NwOIJ8P.jpg

F6y6srB.jpg

"A brand new skin??"

frank+hellraiser.jpg

"WHERE DO I SIGN UP???"

Fucking lol!

Nice one!

I was also going to ask if we could get a vintage Texas Chainsaw Massacre skin, but didn't want to push it.

I think I found part of the problem with the slow scrolling and loading. I downloaded the Tomorrow's Harvest cover image and it's 5 MB! :wtf: Unless my computer is lying, that's possible too.

Scrolling is smooth on OS X 10.8.3 and safari for me, but my computer is well lush innit.

Tap-to-zoom clears the background and reloads reverts to a solid dark blue until zooming out, but it's not a big deal. Guess the text is maybe a little small at 2560 X 1440, or I wouldn't have zoomed, but I'm getting old and that's my own fucking problem.

That edit alert down there is going to get pretty annoying to you guys when you see it under every one of my posts going forward.

I like the skin, overall.

although I do think the formatting/sizing/spacing could do with a little tweaking, i.e. increase the default font size by a bit and reduce the side margins to create a bit more spacing between elements.

edit: starting text in individual posts needs to be moved down a little, it's kind of squished at the top relative to the avatar.

Yeah, I was looking into that - and a good idea on where the text starts in each post - I agree totally.

also, topic descriptions are not visible?

I like the look, but changed back. There were some issues posting links to youtubes on my iPad (links disappearing) which got solved by changing back to classic.

the film has some over-the-top stuff but the characterizations are just brilliant.

I'm pretty sure that film torpedoed any career that actor could have hoped to have, just like Deliverance pwned Ned Beatty's career. You just can't overcome that kind of audience mental-association.

I did see that guy in another film recently where he was playing a sympathetic role (or trying to) - oh wait, I think it was in the Tom Hanks "To the Moon" miniseries - and all I could think of was "that's not Buzz Aldrin, that's Buffalo Bill!!!" Poor guy.

Same counts for Anthony Hopkins, imo. That poor basterd always looks a bit like Hannibal. No matter the role he plays.

We could call it the Luke Skywalker syndrome. Because it has some positive ring to it. The Buffalo Bill syndrome would be a bit tasteless, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Joyrex - I just refreshed the page and for some reason it didn't load the background and was completely black instead. Not a bug report, but just to say it looked flipping awesome with the rest of the 'Tomorrow's Harvest' theme/colour scheme - so would it be possible for you to make a compltely black (#000000) bg image ?

I plan on overhauling the skin and sorting out some of it's issues (now that I have the TH booklet, I can do high-resolution scans for more backgrounds), as well as make a version that has both artist and non-artist backgrounds to hopefully suit everyone's tastes.

And, get that fucking YouTube embed problem on this skin sorted out.

Archived