IGNORED

Awesome new skin

YangYing

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the other images except for the Tomorrow's Harvest cover being pixelated, I'll see about doing something where they're not resized so much. I've got a bunch of images (non-BoC) that are of sufficient resolution, so if time permits, I'll add those in.

For everyone going on about scrolling: What browser are you using? I'm using Chrome 27/Windows 7, and don't see the issue...

won't have any dead areas.

2560x1440 resolution

Being on a large screen much like yourself (exactly), I still prefer that sites, especially forums, be limited to a fixed width as long as it's not super narrow, so that text lines don't go on and on on and on. It's bad for readability. And I like seeing some of the background image. A 1300 pixel width is very generous for a max size. And I just noticed it scales down to a minimum size of 980 when you scale your browser window...this is a perfect set-up if you ask me.

I adjusted the max-width to 1080... a bit more narrow as you were right - way too wide.

No no no no no I said I LIKE that the max size is 1300. :wink: Since it scales for users on smaller screens, why not leave it at 1300 for those with larger screens? All I was saying is that I don't like really wide sites...but 1300 is great. 1080 is a bit narrow by today's standards, with the majority of users being at 1280 or higher resolution.

2560x1440 resolution

Being on a large screen much like yourself (exactly), I still prefer that sites, especially forums, be limited to a fixed width as long as it's not super narrow, so that text lines don't go on and on on and on. It's bad for readability. And I like seeing some of the background image. A 1300 pixel width is very generous for a max size. And I just noticed it scales down to a minimum size of 980 when you scale your browser window...this is a perfect set-up if you ask me.

I adjusted the max-width to 1080... a bit more narrow as you were right - way too wide.

No no no no no I said I LIKE that the max size is 1300. :wink: Since it scales for users on smaller screens, why not leave it at 1300 for those with larger screens? All I was saying is that I don't like really wide sites...but 1300 is great.

Ah, OK - easy to change back.

PVrfQtu.jpg

2560x1440 resolution

Hmm. The images are supposed to be 2560x1440! Dunno why you're getting that black area at the bottom...

yep fixed now, good job! using the album cover one now looking good :)

(the images are 2560 × 1200 , but you fixed it nicely using the gradient color thingy)

personally, I think it is blindingly bright. Might just be the BoC backgrounds, but I think it's also the black on white text..

the super taxing scrolling is probably due to the completely unnecessary milky-glass effect.

Sorry but I give this theme a 1/10.

the super taxing scrolling is probably due to the completely unnecessary milky-glass effect.

Sorry but I give this theme a 1/10.

Well, while "unnecessary" as you say it is, I thought it was a nice effect. Still, thanks for the feedback!

personally, I think it is blindingly bright. Might just be the BoC backgrounds, but I think it's also the black on white text..

Except the text is not black...

I found out that fixed-position backgrounds really degrade (smooth) scrolling - unfortunately, if I disabled that, then the background effect with the blurred/frosted wouldn't work.

I think the only real issue for me is this grey text for regular posts and the light grey for quoted text - It's quite a strain to read. The black text on Friendly Foil's sig seems more like the colour regular text should be, and this grey maybe used for the quotes

Added 4 more backgrounds...

I think the only real issue for me is this grey text for regular posts and the light grey for quoted text - It's quite a strain to read. The black text on Friendly Foil's sig seems more like the colour regular text should be, and this grey maybe used for the quotes

I can adjust that...

Archived