IGNORED

Awesome new skin

YangYing

I think the only real issue for me is this grey text for regular posts and the light grey for quoted text - It's quite a strain to read. The black text on Friendly Foil's sig seems more like the colour regular text should be, and this grey maybe used for the quotes

I can adjust that...

Aces !

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it be possible to have a version without the glass as a separate option for those of us with third world hardware maybe? Like I said I don't really care about the background and would even prefer it to be solid.

I love the new breadcrumb style, much more usable.

What has happened to the Advanced Search icon? I always used that instead of regular search for better, more accurate results. I can still get to it by hitting the magnifying glass, but it shows an error because it's actually trying to search the blank search field. I still get the search options I wanted so I guess it's no big deal.

Would it be possible to have a version without the glass as a separate option for those of us with third world hardware maybe? Like I said I don't really care about the background and would even prefer it to be solid.

It's not really the transparency/glass effect per se - as mentioned earlier in this thread, background images with position-fixed for some reason cause scrolling to be jittery in browsers, and of course hardware will lessen or increase the issue proportionately.

Let me see if I can come up with a solution that doesn't involve a whole new skin, so those who want to turn the effect off can do so.

I love the new breadcrumb style, much more usable.

What has happened to the Advanced Search icon? I always used that instead of regular search for better, more accurate results. I can still get to it by hitting the magnifying glass, but it shows an error because it's actually trying to search the blank search field. I still get the search options I wanted so I guess it's no big deal.

If you click the "this topic" button inside the search box, you get a dropdown that has a link to the Advanced Search.

what if you dont like / never heard BoC? anyway to change it just to a standard background? this is not cool.

Is there an option to use the older skins somewhere?

Yes, and yes - there's the Change Theme button on the bottom left of the page like there's always been

what if you dont like / never heard BoC? anyway to change it just to a standard background? this is not cool.

There will be other artist/release-themed skins soon - we've just made the Tomorrow's Harvest skin the default for now. There will be a generic version of this skin that will have a mixture of artist and non-music backgrounds, so you have more choice.

Joyrex, I think it makes more sense the Create New Topic button would switch places with the New Content link (hierarchically you're more likely to check for newest content..)

atBkVIo.jpg

Like I already said, I really like it.

But Joyrex, you really should consider making some one color/simplistic backgrounds available. Those pixelated BOC backgrounds really bugs me.

Guest isaki

If you're on firefox or chrome get stylish and you can change the background, that's what is causing the scrolling issues

Archived