IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest on sale now on iTunes Japan

Alzado

So my bitchy whine email to bleep just now may all be in vain. If it is not an exclusive version to record stores then they should say so rather than get frustrated idm fanboys like me into a pent up rage

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Papillon

MindElevation, from the Twoism forum, emailed Bleep a while back about the art cards, to which Bleep replied:

"We have the version with Art Cards too. It's exactly the same. Best wishes, Bleep support"

It had better be.

The Bleep CD does say "Digipack with art cards" so I reckon they're the same thing.

so they're being disingenuous by saying that they are exclusively available from independent record stores.

Disingenuous is the new customer service policy at Bleep / Warp. Oh man I gotta get off here before I turn into a turnip of bitterness.....

Guest jasondonervan

pictures of the japanese CDs in retail stores are starting to pop up on what forums

tumblr_m9e2vwshoV1rezmvho1_500.gif

I'm still hoping bleep will give out some type of goodies with the release. I don't know, maybe an unreleased/extra track or something, it feels utterly pointless to pre-order other wise(as some people already have pointed out).

I certainly hope so - I mean, if this becomes the de rigeur for Bleep, what incentive is there for anyone to order from them?

What was the incentive before?

I'm still hoping bleep will give out some type of goodies with the release. I don't know, maybe an unreleased/extra track or something, it feels utterly pointless to pre-order other wise(as some people already have pointed out).

I certainly hope so - I mean, if this becomes the de rigeur for Bleep, what incentive is there for anyone to order from them?

getting FLAC, WAV downloads - as per the last 3 Autechre releases

i havent heard anything from this album yet but now i am tempted to dl a stream.

getting FLAC, WAV downloads - as per the last 3 Autechre releases

you couldnt get them without preordering?

The incentive being since it's the label and all, they'd give the digitals before anyone else, or something unique to sweeten the deal - that being said, I have no idea what Bleep will throw into packages, but a lack of a guaranteed extra makes them no different than Amazon, HMV, or any other online retailer selling it, not to mention the digital downloads being in formats some people prefer to MP3.

Guest Dogboy73

I've got no problem with any of this. Sign of the times. Digital media just happens quicker than physical media. Ideally it should all happen at the same time. But I gather this is near impossible logistically with all the different countries/territories to deal with. EVERYONE who wants it will have the album very soon. We should all be happy with that after 8 years wondering what the hell interface BoC were doing.

Incidently I've jut noticed the album is expected June 7th on iTunes store Australia. I have pre-ordered, which I won't get until the 10th. I am tempted to buy early on iTunes but really I should just wait a couple more days. It doesn't bother me that others will hear this before me. We all get to hear the album in full, in high quality sound, for he first time at least once :-)

The incentive being since it's the label and all, they'd give the digitals before anyone else, or something unique to sweeten the deal - that being said, I have no idea what Bleep will throw into packages, but a lack of a guaranteed extra makes them no different than Amazon, HMV, or any other online retailer selling it, not to mention the digital downloads being in formats some people prefer to MP3.

but when the digital files became available early, it was available to everyone to buy, preorder or not.

but when the digital files became available early, it was available to everyone to buy, preorder or not.

but the point is, you didn't have to pay extra to get them, if you bought the vinyl / cd.

now you do.

Guest Papillon

I seriously want to see Bleep's replies to the emails you guys said you sent.

## In replies all text above this line is added to the ticket ##

Your request (#37878) has been updated.

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

TE, Jun 04 18:14 (BST):

Hi there

We are sorry that the new album is not yet released in your territory. We have to follow the differing international release dates and you will get it on the same date as everyone in your country.

Bleep Support

Adam, Jun 04 17:40 (BST):

Hi there Bleep

We're wondering why the Tomorrow's Harvest digital files are not available today? Tomorrow's Harvest are already available on iTunes Japan.

I pre-ordered an original vinyl and t-shirt directly from Bleep so I can support the artist AND the label. I'm a little confused why you would make pre-order customers wait longer to get access to the files? Would you explain? This policy is a dis-incentive to ever order from Bleep. I can understand that under certain circumstances the LP itself may show up in the local shops before I get my pre-order delivered and I'm fine with that, I don't understand the digital file delay.

Support your paying customers please. Please consider this feedback.

Regards

Adam

------------------

Submitted from: https://bleep.com/account/orders

Message-Id:67EVM1FP_51ae20936ffe0_491fb787c717531d_sprut

Guest dylanmcknd

You know, the way they released the album (with it being early in Ireland and Japan, the stream, the listening party etc.) really makes the album release feel somewhat anticlimactic.

I thought hearing the new Boards of Canada album would be a big deal, but it kinda feels like it's not there yet, even though it is.

Pretty bad way to go about releasing an album, imo.

The usual crap. As if they're victims of their own release policies. And you just have to deal with it like they do.

A response like this could mean two things:

- there's a bad temp on the other side of the fence

- the policymakers are complete nut-cases without any rational business sense

If option 2 , i hope it was the same person who was responsible for allowing the fsol- themed boc picture. Because i'm sure his ass is on the streets right now. Ok, not sure, but i,m arrogantly confident.

Imagine, like, going to the store, and buying the vinyl disk, and going home, putting it on, sit in a nice chair and listen to the new boards of canada album for the first time :mu-ziq:

Guest Papillon

Imagine, like, going to the store, and buying the vinyl disk, and going home, putting it on, sit in a nice chair and listen to the new boards of canada album for the first time :mu-ziq:

I already went to the record store once this year to try and find that pesky BOC RSD twelve. I got a parking ticket by a guy who wasn't very nice. One trip to the record store was enough of an explosion of my former life for 2013. Teh online shopping is so much more convenient, withou online + bleep none of us would be on this thread.

Archived