IGNORED

DB/DBZ/DBGT

zlemflolia

Guest Rabid

no.

i don't consider buu saga or GT to be part of dragonball canon, kinda of like how most people don't count the movies as part of the "official" sotryline

the rabid db/dbz tier list:

tier 1; dbz season 6 (perfect cell saga)

tier 2: dragonball, dbz seasons 1-5

tier 100: dbz buu saga terrible why the fuck is gohan in high school

tier 901; gt, movies

I'm still trying to convince myself to watch Dragonball Kai, a supposedly shorter version of Dragonball Z that's more true to the comics (as in, they stop after the cell saga or so and it doesn't have 1000 filler scenes with Bulma being a dumb bitch etc.). At least, that's what friends told me. (edit: fuck me, just looked it up, they converted 291 episodes into 98)

Anyway, really liked GT as a kid watching it on tv, don't think I would like it now. Haven't even watched Dragonball btw, only Z and GT.

I'm still trying to convince myself to watch Dragonball Kai, a supposedly shorter version of Dragonball Z that's more true to the comics (as in, they stop after the cell saga or so and it doesn't have 1000 filler scenes with Bulma being a dumb bitch etc.). At least, that's what friends told me. (edit: fuck me, just looked it up, they converted 291 episodes into 98)

Anyway, really liked GT as a kid watching it on tv, don't think I would like it now. Haven't even watched Dragonball btw, only Z and GT.

I've seen a few episodes of Kai - not impressed. Seems more like a cash grab to sell more DVDs and video games.

Guest Frankie5fingers

how trash you'll think it is depends on how entertaining you find 2 frames of animation of someone squinting, looped with audio of them grunting, for 20 episodes.

thats not a very good measuring tool since it describes more than half of every anime ever made.

Guest Pennywise

I always prefered the manga to the anime - the anime padded out episodes with Goku travelling to some battle for 20+ episodes. Boooooring.

That was the whole point though. It was all about knowing that Goku was going to win the battle before he'd even fought it. That was the best bit, the actual battles weren't much better. Man, I did love that show when I was younger. It was on after school

Guest Pennywise

there's a required nerd level to enjoy this show. I think you had to imagine yourself as Goku to enjoy it. Like when you where little you'd dress up as superman or something

I always liked the original series better than all Zs and GTs and whatever. Goku as a kid was the greatest character ever - naively perverted

I always liked the original series better than all Zs and GTs and whatever. Goku as a kid was the greatest character ever - naively perverted

yeah i loved the anime as a kid and the dragonball comics are some of the best i ever read, such great story's

DBZ is more like, my penis is now stronger then vegeta's

• 5 months later...

I just remembered something from my childhood in the early 2000s.

I lived in the city and many boys were DBZ fans. I would print out different versions of the DBZ characters and give them to my friends. Like there was this one thing, this website called dablackgoku where people submitted fanart with black versions of the characters.

We just thought that was The Coolest Shit.

bgk.jpg

I used to browse Dablackgoku when I was a kid. I thought I was the shit because I had a gif of a black SSJ4 Gotenks gif. Dablackgoku was back in them angelfire, geocities days.

Archived