IGNORED

Do you drink milk?

ambermonk

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(do they even make lactose free cheese?)

There's a brand called Lactofree. I haven't tried it, real cheese is too fucking good. Especially the smelly, gooey/blue variety.

Back before I went off milk I went to the U.S. Milk there is horrible.

I drink milk. 3.5%, cold, warm, hot, with chocolate, honey, vanilla, rum, whisky... You name it. It's tasty and I love it. Once I tried quitting, to see if it would help with stomach acid, it didn't.

You drink milk from the teeets of other species? That's completely disgusting and unnatural! I drink only human milk from my harem of nubiles, it really is the only way to go.

But really, I don't drink milk very much. I rarely have food that goes well with milk. The carb and sugar fest that is most cereals is out of the question. I drink a lot of kefir or regular bacteria fermented milk though. That shit is a staple in Bosnian cuisine, we treat it almost like a side dish.

Cow's milk is good for muscle building due to high protein/fats, and random ass super hormone shit. Milk gave me a beard on my eyeballz, and pubez on the testicles that grew on the beards of my eyes.

My friend recently gave up cows milk as she discovered it could be causing her acne, she gave it up and now has lovely clear fresh skin.

I've followed suit and switched to Alpro, I've not bought any other dairy since and hopefully will also have nice fresh skin soon.

I'm going to assume that you guys who don't drink milk because of the hormones etc stay away from beef?

As to my own intake, yes, I drink milk. Fucking love the stuff. My absolute favourite is whole milk, and it's great if you're trying to put on muscle. That being said, I go through spells of drinking less milk (one such spell is at the moment). I'm counting macros and generally find that I only really drink milk at the moment if I have room for it, or if I've made room.

I generally substitute almond milk with cow's milk, but I eat other dairy products now and again. I was never a big fan of it since it made my mouth feel hot [which I think may be a mild allergy], and there are some health reasons as well.

Guest RadarJammer

why is everyone calling non-dairy products milk?

"Milk is a white liquid produced by the mammary glands of mammals"

one reason might be that milk is what the products are called and most alternative "milk" products are fortified to have a similar calcium profile, and calcium is what milk is best known for

I generally substitute almond milk with cow's milk, but I eat other dairy products now and again. I was never a big fan of it since it made my mouth feel hot [which I think may be a mild allergy], and there are some health reasons as well.

That's been my approach too. Cheese, yogurt, and ice cream aren't an issue with me. But straight moo juice gives me a subtle queasy feeling. I still use half and half in coffee though, but sometimes I drink coffee black. (Coffee drinking could warrant its own thread as well.)

It grosses me out to watch people drink moo-juice. Something about drinking another animals sustenance for its infant children through your life is creepy to me.

I have also been high-milk-fat intolerant for a while, meaning, I cannot eat things with heavy cream in them or whole milk without having the most intense brick wall of gastrointestinal pain 3-5 hours after ingesting it. Sometimes with heavy cream it just has to hit my stomach and I have seagull syndrome.

I can eat cheese for some reason. Weird.

Guest fiznuthian

And coconuts.

It's interesting that human breast milk is in large part composed of lauric acid. It's the same fatty acid in coconuts.

Breasts are awesome.

Coconut milk is good too. I remember going to Hawai'i in May 2002 and we watched some outdoor performance where the staff served the patrons coconut milk directly out of the coconut after hacking it in half with a machete. Then I saw a big-ass centipede on the ground and they hacked that fucker to bits with the same machete. It was pretty cool to watch.

Guest Sprigg

Milk is disgusting,and it never sits well, nor does ice cream. But I can eat cheese by the pound and all the yogurt I want, and I'm fine.

i'll call it milk because it's fats finely distributed in suspension through a liquid, which is what i think of as milk. When then make light milk, they use less fat, this is how i started thinking about it this way.

Archived