IGNORED

Why doesnt the USA help Detroit?

Guest skibby

war costs money, weapons cost money, making weapons causes jobs, really really really good paying jobs. put in a swimming pool kind of money. 4 car garage kind of money. "i dont know what daddy does for a living" kind of money.

thats where the war money goes. to backyard swimming pools all over the midwest.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that would be a big project right? then lots of other poor run down cities will start drama about getting help too

detroit looks bad because its abandoned but there are lots of fully occupied cities that are just as bad

Save Philadelphia, Oakland, Chicago, Baltimore, Newark, Cleveland, Buffalo, etc.

Didn't know Philly and Chicago was in trouble too...

Murica (or the Midwest) is fucked, yo

the question should be what does u.s get from military aid to israel and whether it's worth 3bil$ a year ? because unless you believe that jews control washington there should be some rationale behind it.

That is a good question. Got any ideas what the US gets out of this transaction besides an ally with "similar strategic goals in the middle east"? (that wording is from the congressional report I linked earlier). Almost all the aid we give to Israel is in the form of military assistance. Israel can use some of that US assistance for "research and development in the United States" as well as "for military purchases from Israeli manufacturers." We're currently locked in to giving Israel a total of $30,000,000,000 from 2009 to 2018 (thanks George). Obama recently promised even more extended aid during his visit to Israel in March earlier this year.

...I dunno what the rationale is. I don't believe "jews control washington" but I do believe this aid should be drastically reduced. America should not be Israel's army ffs. Always feel like I'm treading on thin ice talking about this shit, stupid taboo political topics.

why does everybody want to dominate the middle east? why is all that oil there to begin with? did the die-nosaurs also fight over it?

...I dunno what the rationale is. I don't believe "jews control washington" but I do believe this aid should be drastically reduced. America should not be Israel's army ffs. Always feel like I'm treading on thin ice talking about this shit, stupid taboo political topics.

if you don't know what the rationale is then why do you think the aid should be reduced ? what is it then, gut feeling ?

how'd all them dinosaurs turn into black ooze anyway? watmm scientists please answer.

on a side note, the universe works in weird ways, all them dinosaurs thrived for millennia just to give the human race fuel for their combustion vehicles. What will the Human race leave to lifes next incarnation after our species demise?

if you don't know what the rationale is then why do you think the aid should be reduced ? what is it then, gut feeling ?

No, I don't like giving indefinite military aid to countries that resist solving conflicts they had a hand in creating. Care to tell me the rationale or should I just give in to this motto of "spend now, ask later"?

how'd all them dinosaurs turn into black ooze anyway? watmm scientists please answer.

on a side note, the universe works in weird ways, all them dinosaurs thrived for millennia just to give the human race fuel for their combustion vehicles. What will the Human race leave to lifes next incarnation after our species demise?

Oil comes from bacteria and algae, not dinosaurs. Source: as a dino, I would know this.

No, I don't like giving indefinite military aid to countries that resist solving conflicts they had a hand in creating. Care to tell me the rationale or should I just give in to this motto of "spend now, ask later"?

what conflicts and what resistance ?

i'm no expert in u.s foreign policy and geopolitcs so i really dunno.

The Israel/Palestine conflict.

(I gotta go but I've asked twice now for anybody's rationale about why the continued, indefinite US military aid to Israel is reasonable - so far my questions have been ignored.)

Guest Araungzeb

The Israel/Palestine conflict.

(I gotta go but I've asked twice now for anybody's rationale about why the continued, indefinite US military aid to Israel is reasonable - so far my questions have been ignored.)

Because brainless racist Christians (a significant voting block in the US) would rather hold their nose and fund Jews to rule the holy land then allow Muslims to "defile" it.

What will the Human race leave to lifes next incarnation after our species demise?

Selected Ambient Works 85-92, Chiastic Slide, Twoism, and an infinite supply of these:

aol_cds.jpg

suddenly-aol-cds-thousands-of-them.jpeg

pa-10624916.jpg

65000-Old-CDs-Create-metallic-Sea.jpg

CDSea2550x367.jpg

Not sure what the big deal is here re: aid to israel...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/us-foreign-aid-by-country_n_1837824.html

we've given 1.5 bil to egypt

1.6 bil to iraq

2.1 bil to pakistan

2.3 bil to afghanistan... which is just .7 bil less than what isreal gets

3 bil to israel

Are you suggesting those other countries have no conflicts, issues or war-ravaged societies of their own?

Israel is an ally to the u.s., provides much intelligence help, technological innovations, in communications and medical fields.

"In 2013, commercial trade between Israel and the Palestinian territories were valued at US$ 20 billion annually.[134]In 2012, ten companies were responsible for 47.7% of Israel's exports. These companies were Intel, Elbit Systems, Oil Refineries Ltd, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Iscar, Israel Chemicals, Makhteshim Agan, Paz Oil Company, Israel Aerospace Industries and the Indigo division of Hewlett-Packard." - wiki

why the outrage over our friendship with Israel in artistic circles is beyond me. Unfortunately it seems that the our academic left has heard the buzzword "apartheid"- (an extreme simplification of the issue) in relation to israel so much over and over that it has become a knee-jerk reaction to label israel as a troublemaker. honestly, anyone whose mind is blown on the legitimacy of Israel would benefit from reading more in depth... perhaps some basic historical accounts on the birth of Palestine and the founding of Israel, instead of just rehashing Howard Zinn quotes and citing statistics... Any statistic can look sensational/bad when held under a particular light.. this detroit / israel comparison thing is beyond silly lol

i guess if the usa were to aid itself, it would be like pissing all that money away. i concede that your words sound more authorative, and educational in that they are new to my ears. you must be very smart IRL.

sincerely

i guess if the usa were to aid itself, it would be like pissing all that money away. i concede that your words sound more authorative, and educational in that they are new to my ears. you must be very smart IRL.

sincerely

not trying to be a smartass, i just think it's kinda over the top to exclusively highlight israel when it comes to the lack of restructuring out own country... i think if your question posed

1.5 bil to egypt

1.6 bil to iraq

2.1 bil to pakistan

2.3 bil to afghanistan

3 bil to israel

0 to detroit,

it would be more effective and provide a little bit more context as to how we aid other countries over ours, rather than singling out our relationship w/ israel, which is a whole 'nother topic.

Archived