IGNORED

An interview with Varg Vikernes and his wife

brian trageskin

but what does this have to do with Syria?

Jews?

Also fun fact: Varg lived in Iraq as a child when his father was employed as a contractor there.

It's really sad that there are children in this world starving and dying of AIDS and Varg Vikernes gets to walk around whining about guns.

He's like a younger, Scandinavian version of a NRA Tea Party retiree in rural America. The kind that is too apathetic to fight all government oppression and control unless it involves their AR-15 and it's long clips.

Interesting watch, thanks for the link. I think it's a pretty biased interview. Although they have a point about the arrest not weighing up against the accusation of Varg's racial hate speech, I think they werent criticising the substance of that racial speech enough imo. Varg's blog is full of antisemetic rants. And I recall him being against Breivik, but not 100%:

Yeah Varg is a very odd person to pay attention to. He has moments of truly interesting points or quotes among a sea of delusional nonsense and hateful and distorted perspectives on history and society. I feel the same way about Alex Jones - there's just enough to pay attention to like 5% of the time, the rest is garbage.

That was easily my biggest gripe of Until The Light Takes Us which cherry-picked his worldview so it wouldn't distract from the films focus of Norwegian BM being an anti-authoritative and underground movement that was quickly appropriated and subverted. That's why they interviewed Fenriz a lot more (and he's a lot more relevant as a voice anyway)

i'm surprised no one discussed the actual content of the interview, and instead gave their opinion on Vikernes. maybe a little background on the french domestic policy is needed.

If Varg showed any hint of shame or self-consciousness then I'd be able to get past his personality and focus on the issue of civil liberties and post-9/11 policies. But as it stands I think the interview--which IMO is about a white-supremacist/murderer complaining about unfair treatment--is simply a non-starter.

A non starter that is, as always from that direction, 100% staged and dishonest. Come on, a 70 minute interview about this crap?

Complete with clips of The Trial to show how Kafkaesque Varg's persecution has been.

i'm surprised no one discussed the actual content of the interview, and instead gave their opinion on Vikernes. maybe a little background on the french domestic policy is needed.

If Varg showed any hint of shame or self-consciousness then I'd be able to get past his personality and focus on the issue of civil liberties and post-9/11 policies. But as it stands I think the interview--which IMO is about a white-supremacist/murderer complaining about unfair treatment--is simply a non-starter.

It's always a slippery slope when it comes to defending such people, and likewise debating and opposing such actions by governments. I'm pretty sure Varg wasn't plotting anything. He's someone who really, really doesn't want anyone to bother him and his family - hence the farm, the guns, etc. It was convenient opportunity for the French government to tout their "anti-terrorist" efforts. They knew they could get away with arresting someone controversial with no hard evidence because the fallout would never be that big - and they were right.

And, rather fittingly, the media circus immediately after his arrest proved his point - major outlets, even reputable ones, called him a supporter and sympathizer of Breivik, which he never was. In fact, after the shootings I remember reading Varg's blog which called him a coward for killing children and criticized his Christian identity (core to Breivik's ideology) which isn't surprising considering Varg's hatred with Christian culture. Breivik sent him a copy of his manifesto, and that's it. It'd be like a nutjob sending a letter to an elected official and then claiming that official endorsed the person who sent the letter. So yeah, I get the grievences brought up, but it's hard to sympathize with someone as delusional as Varg. He's a smart person, but that doesn't mean he isn't dishonest and disturbed. His extreme views and ideology (which is quite confused, irrational, and oddly unique) go hand in hand with his excuses regarding the church-burnings and murder he was convicted of. Watch any interview with all of his peers from that time and they all, regardless of their views of him now, are consistent in bringing up Varg's dedication and goals to essentially start a war against Norway's mainstream society and government.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that everyone in that scene was a horrible person, or if that's what pulled them together, or if it was contagious or what.

what scene

I assume he means the Scandinavian black metal bands and the people who flocked to them in the brief period of time when church burnings and other shiz in Scando countries were overblown by the media?

Could be way off.

Bronies?

It's cause i'm not here at the moment. sorry.

/shuffles backwards some distance away from the blinking lights and cacophony of merriment emanating from behind the walls of the never dimmed funpark that is watmm. Feels relief as he breaths in the cold sober air of the darkness outside /reopens izismile, fails another day @ real.

• 10 months later...

six month suspended sentence bra. Also, it was for the nebulous act of 'hate crime', for which they don't have any substantive evidence.

Vikernes told the court that he did not pen the racist blogs and said that a possible misunderstanding could have occurred as a result of the fact that he communicated through a Danish interpreter when he was detained last year. He added there were "at any given moment, 350 people pretending to be Varg Vikernes on Facebook. Anybody can very easily put up a blog [claiming to be Varg].

Just read through this thread, it knowing anything about Scandinavian black metal except they have a penchant for spiky clothing.

Anyways those Jews sure are clever, inventing Christianity 1500 years before the modern idea of a nation state and the ideas of race. Clever jewy brains.

The guy is a loon, clearly.

Not sure who is the crazy one... Super racist varg, or people who think its ok to lock someone up for simply being racist.

Or maybe i am just taking that free speech thing too seriously.

Who's getting locked up?

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Can you guys imagine if IDM producers were like Norwegian Black Metal producers? It'd be all like, "yeah, my favourite ceephax album is Geit Samleie. That's the one he made when he was in jail for beating a man to death with a brick". But it would still sound like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp-9_1ke0fo

idm already works this way. cylobian sunset is about the end of the white race. an early text document on rephlex's website points to this, containing a story about the "cylobs", benevolent robots who are overrun by the violent, well endowed "syneks". squarepusher's early output is a reinterpretation of wagner's ring cycle. boards of canada seek a beautiful place in the country to hide from the jews. finally, drukqs is a call to embrace european ancestry as superior to all, with its cornish song titles and fin de siecle nostalgia.

in many ways, hitler is the blueprint of the idm nerd: white, orderly, likes design, inferiority complex, art school drop out, idiotic facial hair.

fucking zole

Archived