IGNORED

Being sober, snapping out of your trend trance and realizing how shitty IDM actually is

CharlesWatkins

( i love all styles of music... i just have a really strong infatuation with chill/soulful house.)

... not that anyone should care,

i just thought this thread would be a good place to confess that im not a hardcore idm head like most watmmers probably are (;

now that theres a fight going on in here, i thought id be open and proud and confess my undying love of house.

i also have an obsession with head kandi mixes and artwork...

VA_-_Hed_Kandi_Beach_House-3CD.jpg

and anything ibiza....

es-0930-254862-front.jpg

feels good to be out of the closet now.

Edited by Lane Visitor

read the rules

Hey, Salv.. was that directed @ me? Sorry, I wasn't aware.. Hope my posting large caps and stuff isnt breaking any rules...? (not being sarcastic, truly wondering).. just figured the thread become ridiculous so i thought id be kinda absurd myself

read the rules

Hey, Salv.. was that directed @ me? Sorry, I wasn't aware.. Hope my posting large caps and stuff isnt breaking any rules...? (not being sarcastic, truly wondering).. just figured the thread become ridiculous so i thought id be kinda absurd myself

So this happens to me every time I become sober and force myself to not smoke salvia . The veil becomes lifted off my eyes and all of a sudden shitty trend trance I didnt really listen to before, but kind of gave a "pass" to, become horrendously difficult to listen to. It's like cinderella at the end of the night when she can't find her trend trance record bag.

The only exceptions are some and trend trance tracks

i cant believe people would actually waste their lives with this trend trance

read the rules

So this happens to me every time I become sober and force myself to not smoke salvia . The veil becomes lifted off my eyes and all of a sudden shitty trend trance I didnt really listen to before, but kind of gave a "pass" to, become horrendously difficult to listen to. It's like cinderella at the end of the night when she can't find her trend trance record bag.

huh? haha i think you quoted the wrong post, brah

read the rules

huh? haha i think you quoted the wrong post, brah

nope

i can't say i ever listened to tomorow's harvest or exai sober, so maybe charles is right, i dunno

try listening to TH sober! exai well any way i guess lol sleep time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

i cant believe people would actually waste their lives with this crap

im not joking you fucking prick, people like you are one of the reasons i hate this shit, cant stand it anymore.

fuck off douche

hey guys, i knew this was going to happen. not trying to start a flame war so everyone calm down please. this place is so ridiculous, cant even start a civil discussion about how one may perceive certain types of music. you are all very immature.

i c T THTant

eJ RA3Yliebve peo 6ple wo72uld actu 43ally waste their liv HEQes Ewith t Ghis RZcrap

i RG RMPm n Iot joUOYking you YLOfuSK 7cki456ng prRZ Gick, peoplHDF56562e li GZRQG ke you are onRG QGQ e of the rEHQE Qeasons i hGRZGZate thHAZEis shit, cant sta XSRO7SR6Ind it aJS65nymo S6Rrre r.

fuc KD Yk o65

f douKDYUA H8

che

he TJZRQH¨=y gP$uys, i T ULk563new th RQEis waGs go GEing azrto ha89389+

ppen. nodfbçà§! t tryin/%g to st

^$art a flam§çà§çe wa§è r so ei!è(!è(!è(veryone caxjftlm dow&"én pl &"éease. thi'és plafjhgcehfj ihs sohgj ridi45gfculous, csdfant e&é ven st653art a ci456

vil discussteetion a erbout hreow oneaaz mguka

$y percei

$^$pôve certuiuièain tyurhhyrepes of m hrusic. yohrh zu arere all vegrrey igmzregrttmature.

I don't understand the 'IDM' hate on this board... As far as compositional potential goes there really are no limits which is why it's trite to even refer to it as a genre. Sure, maybe it's not 'relevant' now but I am struggling to understand why so many people on an electronic music board are citing 'cultural relevance' as a hallmark of artistic validity. I'll admit that around 2000 there was an awful lot of reverbed white-key melodies with syncopated clicks going around, but any genre has its share of detritus which serves to buoy the best producers in the scene above the trash.