IGNORED

Interview with Dave Monolith

Herr Jan

(The first?) Monolith interview in (Italian and English) with Dave Monolith, bit crap questions imo. Why not ask about 'Ellen' and 'Victor' and the intended lo-fi Dopplereffekt-ish sound? Or about Rephlex' recent way of releasing or their website being offline, or if the album will be released on Rephlex or somewhere else, etc. So many opportunities!). Anyway, here it is:

http://www.soundwall.it/dave-monolith-dont-call-me-aphex-twin/

TL;DR:

"He is also prepping his new Monolith album ‘Touch me’.

"Probably in 2014 there will be some new Monolith releases but there are few things that need to be ironed out first. I’ve got quite the backlog of music that could be released but it takes time unfortunately."

Guest jasondonervan

hmmm, so the southwest has "got beaches, fields, trees, animals the lot." i don't know if i believe him....

I can back up Mr Monolith's claims.

If I could get in contact with him, I'd ask - surely the WATMM Collective could come up with better questions to pose to him than that crap interview.

Or, should we ask Grant Wilson-Claridge to do a AA?

Next up: AA with Dave Monolith at WATMM?

would be nice, but i´d rather get Grant on here for a big Q&A. Too bad he thinks watmm is a shithole.

Yeah, that's the one slight hurdle to get over... LOL

Next up: AA with Dave Monolith at WATMM?

would be nice, but i´d rather get Grant on here for a big Q&A. Too bad he thinks watmm is a shithole.

Yeah, that's the one slight hurdle to get over... LOL

Lol, nice timing. But yeah, even when he says yes (I'd really appreciate it if you'd try of course), he never is very talkative of Rephlex' decisions so he'd be just naming flowers, shoes and baby's for a week here. But maybe... :)

Guest jasondonervan

Just have 'em both at the same time? I don't see Grant having problems with shitholes. He's working in Rephlex headquarters, right? ;D

goLel :emotawesomepm9:

Just have 'em both at the same time? I don't see Grant having problems with shitholes. He's working in Rephlex headquarters, right? ;D

Sounds like an ace idea, just get the Rephlex posse in for a few days: EOD, Jodey, Wisp (already in here), Dave, Grant, Luke, anybody (well, we can forget about Cylob I reckon :emotawesomepm9: ). Would be absolutely wicked!

nd yeah, Grant is sort of an xltronic regular so he's used to crappy places :D

But for real, Grant and Luke would be my main choices though. And Joyrex pls, Rephlex subforum/sticky.

Guest jasondonervan

Sounds like an ace idea, just get the Rephlex posse in for a few days: EOD, Jodey, Wisp (already in here), Dave, Grant, Luke, anybody (well, we can forget about Cylob I reckon :emotawesomepm9: ). Would be absolutely wicked!

But for real, Grant and Luke would be my main choices though. And Joyrex pls, Rephlex subforum/sticky.

We only need Richard... he's all of them anyway, right?

*runs away*

I have a feeling that Grant's AMA on here would be like everytime someone asks him what he meant by that bizarre diatribe of 'why would anyone want to release music' he would say 'aren't you going to ask me about rampart'

A Rephlex subforum will coincide with their revamping of the Rephlex website :emotawesomepm9:

In my opinion it seems sort of sad that the entire Rephlex camp doesn't get more press. I don't know if this is the sort of the approach that they all agreed to when getting involved with them or not, but it bothers me. There is so much talent there, and so much great music. Yet, they barely get press, (definitely no good press), and no exposure, and barely any tours/shows. But these guys make great music. So what is the disconnect here? A conscious effort to remain obscure? Being popular and famous is not all superficial. Acclaim is money is power is more creative freedom. Higher aspirations. They all already have the talent. They just need someone working on the ground to push it forward. Like, you can't blame the fuckers putting on tomorrowland and shit music for being popular if you aren't going to put in the same effort with your brilliant shit. I don't know. My perspective is limited, but underground for the sake of underground seems pointless. I know(think) these guys would be happier making a living off their music than having to work at something else. Even Aphex knew that he had to this to an extent. Is this a tried and failed situation or is this something else? I don't know. If there were ever a time for experimental electronic music to be more widely accepted it would be now.

• 1 month later...

A Rephlex subforum will coincide with their revamping of the Rephlex website :emotawesomepm9:

So did you change your mind or is a revamp confirmed, and you know things we do not?

Archived