IGNORED

Bleep top 10 records

chenGOD

https://bleep.com/the-top-ten-albums-of-the-year-2013

You can't please all the people all the time....but maybe some agreement can be found?

I love the OPN, Hecker, and Holden albums, with the national's latest effort being a lovely listen.

Surprised that Exai didn't make it on while TH did (I prefer Exai, but TH is a fine listen - not really in the "quite good" category, but maybe acceptably good).

stay tuned for the upcoming bleep top 100 tracks of 2013 (which will also surely draw the ire of many an IDM stalwart).

https://bleep.com/release/48251-various-artists-the-top-100-tracks-of-2013

do they only include albums that are actually sold through bleep? if so, the list is already prevented from including some of the best stuff this year (scald rougish, for example).

still, exai should be on there

pretty shameful Exai is not on there, very homogenous top 10 list almost indistinguishable from many other places. total wasted opportunity

id love to see something like a Skam or Rephlex best of 2013 list, because I would take a wild guess and suggest they wouldn't have the same 10 albums 50 other places have in the top 10 list

Haven't read any of the reviews, but upon glancing at Bleep's top ten, my thought was: "What, no Exai? what a bunch of pansies."

pretty shameful Exai is not on there, very homogenous top 10 list almost indistinguishable from many other places. total wasted opportunity

id love to see something like a Skam or Rephlex best of 2013 list, because I would take a wild guess and suggest they wouldn't have the same 10 albums 50 other places have in the top 10 list

Could rephlex have a top ten list (i know that you said best of but bare with me), did they release ten things this year, /checks discogs they had 6 releases, could do a top 5 trlol. ;-]

it doesn't have to be stuff on rephlex, i just mean I'd prefer an opinion from someone who isn't so tied into the marketing apparatus that they 'somehow coincidentally' list all the same 10 albums that every single other store or blog who's dependent on the marketing apparatus chooses. It's honestly just kind of shameful to me how insanely homogenous these lists have become

It's indicative of the kind of people that must be employed at these places now too isn't it. They have no opinions themselves and just loudly parrot the consensus, then go and do some lines of coke and have the rest of the afternoon off. The first generation that founds and runs the place keeps it ship-shape, but over time you end up with worthless marketing types flapping towards the light you're generating. And these people tend to self replicate hiring more and more of their kind, helped by clueless HR departments who are never able to see through someone's rough exterior to the great potential within so end up hiring those self promoters that bamboozled them with bullshit.

So, basically, Top 10 Records with the best PR job?
I watched Bleep all year and 90% of this are releases they couldn't shut the fuck up about it 2 months before it was released/previews were up.

Should have put Daft Punk while we're at it.

boring list. mine is something like this:

double cup

that matt berry prog rock album

blondes

kurt vile

rp boo

boc

virgins

jessy lanza

shout out to bladelores, rest of exai was pewp though

fuck outta here with that opn record

The thing about Exai not being on the Bleep list is really quite odd. Surely being a Warp fuelled site they should have given 'priority' to Warp releases that year as it's in their interest to advertise their stock.

Or is it that Bleep is no longer Warp - Was the change from Warpmart to Bleep more than just a naming thing ?

Archived