IGNORED

How to Enjoy Aphex

guidewire

I think many of the rules on being a dubstep kid applies to AFX too tbh imho

"Choose who you communicate with wisely. As some people love dubstep and all the sub-genres there are some people that don't know what that is or hate it, so don't try to be too nice to the people you see while you're outside."

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Dubstep-Kid

the best way to enjoy aphex is to ejaculate while listening to his music, you will associate the orgasm with the music

give it a try you fucking idiots

the best way to enjoy aphex is to ejaculate while listening to his music, you will associate the orgasm with the music

give it a try you fucking idiots

tried this with mt saint michel + saint michael's mount

required extensive surgery to re-attach my unit =(

Telling people to start with Richard D James Album is a bad idea, they must first listen to Come To Daddy EP.

Come To Daddy is there to tell them that Aphex can do the unexpected at times, Flim is there as gateway track to anything pre-Come To Daddy, and Bucephalus Bouncing Ball is there to introduce people to the dark but intelligent "brain dance" that Aphex later starts to focus on, also showing off his technical brilliance for the time.

It's the perfect introduction to his discography in my opinion, I remember hearing Flim for the first time as if it was yesterday.. Aphex' name kept popping up as an influence for a host of musicians I respected, so I decided to dive in and listen to everything he ever made, whether I enjoyed or not didn't matter as it was for education purposes. After half-forcing myself through 20 other tracks which I didn't overly enjoy because I was accustomed to tradition pop and rock, Flim sealed the deal. It was like "Holy shit, he doesn't give a fuck about appealing to other people, he does it purely out of joy and if we like it, that's truly a special thing to behold musically. He doesn't repeat or do follow-ups to successes either, he doesn't care about money."

It seems simple to many of us, but to an ignorant music listener as I was then, it totally blew my mind.. I wouldn't be half the musician I am today if it wasn't for Aphex Twin.

And that is why Come To Daddy should be number one on the list.

how to enjoy Aphex:

1. hear carefully the piece Aphex Twin by Richard James

2. enjoy

super simple stuff

3. Immediately start with these post-African repetitions

how to enjoy Aphex:

1. hear carefully the piece Aphex Twin by Richard James

2. enjoy

super simple stuff

3. Immediately start with these post-African repetitions

highfive.png

(the brown hand is mine, obv)