IGNORED

Thor is a woman now.

producer snafu

if super hero world is as politically correct as our world then they're sure to need certain heroes to tackle certain sensitive gender/race/ability crimes

so ladies, gentlemen, and all those inbetween.

i present to you

Super Black Lesbian Dwarf Robot Zombie Giraffe!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to pick up a current issue of Thor to see what the ruckus is. So Thor & Loki have a recently discovered sister named Angela who was also recently in Guardians of the Galaxy, and it looks like she becomes worthy to hold Mjolnir. The flip side of this, of course is we have a new Unworthy Thor who looks like shit, he lost his left arm which is how metal, and gone back to his adolescent weapon battle axe. I like his new look, and the road to contrition and penitence should be interesting. They also just discovered the Tenth Realm.

Unworthy Thor:

2F74F52A-C48D-4C7B-829A-250DEFBF3CAD_zps

I decided to pick up a current issue of Thor to see what the ruckus is. So Thor & Loki have a recently discovered sister named Angela who was also recently in Guardians of the Galaxy, and it looks like she becomes worthy to hold Mjolnir. The flip side of this, of course is we have a new Unworthy Thor who looks like shit, he lost his left arm which is how metal, and gone back to his adolescent weapon battle axe. I like his new look, and the road to contrition and penitence should be interesting. They also just discovered the Tenth Realm.

Unworthy Thor:

2F74F52A-C48D-4C7B-829A-250DEFBF3CAD_zps

another nice watercolour. And what you said about the storyline makes sense then as femthor is but a passing thing in thor's overall arc. Does unworthy thor get his own comic? Or is he now relegated to distant views of him looking dour and unloved, at the back of an inn or roaming some wasteland. They'll have to give fem thor some even more fantastic power to replace the hammer that she'll eventually have to give up. There are other possibilities of course

Maybe she should have been half eskimo. That would have made sense, and then they could have introduced an whole new pantheon plus have a semi-asian looking character.

As with the Ragnarok storyline of the 80s, there has been a new prophecy foretold, of God King Thor. Basically, there are 3 stages to Thor, and God King is the final, kinda like King Conan. Old Thor will look much like his father, also losing an eye and regaining Mjolnir, and using a sword as well to rule. Of course, they could always add another enchanted weapon for the Femthor, again like in the Simonson run from the 80s, the hammer Stormbringer was created by Odin for Beta Ray Bill once he proved himself worthy and defeated Thor.

8A943E1A-F0F5-4BC2-AC6A-1810F72B659E_zps

Maybe she should have been half eskimo. That would have made sense, and then they could have introduced an whole new pantheon plus have a semi-asian looking character.

.... lol

• 4 weeks later...

It's the PC/Social Justice crowd's effect on comics these days... If I recall DC has mixed up a few genders as well in their new 52.

I've got Jospehine. I can't have any more women in my life... and nor do I want to

Fatale20c.jpg

Fatale is such an excellent series... I love everything Brubaker and Phillips do, if you haven't read Criminal get on that as well.

• 5 months later...

Icelanders have it all under control,,,,,,,

“I don’t believe anyone believes in a one-eyed man who is riding about on a horse with eight feet,,,,,,,,,,,,

We see the stories as poetic metaphors and a manifestation of the forces of nature and human psychology.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/02/iceland-temple-norse-gods-1000-years

Archived