IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of this is starting to leave a bad taste. Ok, you wanna retcon the last 30 years, fine. But why destroy the EU, and then rewrite it like you just copy and pasted over the past?
This was the original ending to Return of the Jedi, and it was fine. A Touching story of Leia trying to put the galaxy back together, and discovering a young man who just became aware of his Force powers, and then sacrificed his life to ensure the truce was signed. I read that book in 1994, and moved on to what became the prequel era when that began.

star-wars-the-truce-at-bakura_zpsbcokhng

Now we get this "the war never ended" shit, which is a total concoction of Abram's imagination. (I'm still betting Lindelof has done some secret work here, those two love each other). It just seems like they're stretching out a finished story for money's sake. Abrams didn't even want to do this film until Kathleen Kennedy came back for a second round of arm twisting, and probly told him he could jettison Lucas' treatment entirely, and do whatever the fuck he wanted. I'm not saying which script will ultimately be better, but it's suspect to say the least.

sw%20aftermath_zpsy4voumia.jpg

It seams like a really bleak way to begin the new era, in a time when the Western world is in a constant state of conflict with Eastern ideals (among a few extremists) but we need an upbeat story in these times. Are we in for more Battlestar Galactica space wars as a metaphor for conflict in the Middle East? I hope not.

Some of this is starting to leave a bad taste. Ok, you wanna retcon the last 30 years, fine. But why destroy the EU, and then rewrite it like you just copy and pasted over the past?

This was the original ending to Return of the Jedi, and it was fine. A Touching story of Leia trying to put the galaxy back together, and discovering a young man who just became aware of his Force powers, and then sacrificed his life to ensure the truce was signed. I read that book in 1994, and moved on to what became the prequel era when that began.

star-wars-the-truce-at-bakura_zpsbcokhng

Now we get this "the war never ended" shit, which is a total concoction of Abram's imagination. (I'm still betting Lindelof has done some secret work here, those two love each other). It just seems like they're stretching out a finished story for money's sake. Abrams didn't even want to do this film until Kathleen Kennedy came back for a second round of arm twisting, and probly told him he could jettison Lucas' treatment entirely, and do whatever the fuck he wanted. I'm not saying which script will ultimately be better, but it's suspect to say the least.

sw%20aftermath_zpsy4voumia.jpg

It seams like a really bleak way to begin the new era, in a time when the Western world is in a constant state of conflict with Eastern ideals (among a few extremists) but we need an upbeat story in these times. Are we in for more Battlestar Galactica space wars as a metaphor for conflict in the Middle East? I hope not.

did you read the plot spoiler about just how dark the story is actually going to be? I mean from what I read it was so bleak it was almost 9/11 conspiracy lore level bleak/evil/fucked up. I disagree about needing an upbeat story in these times, which is part of the reason why Captain American winter soldier is still by far the strongest marvel movie, it was really the only one that realistically addressed how fucked up our times are

It's probably a wise move for Disney/Abrams to cater to the 99.999% of filmgoers who have only seen the 6 Star Wars films and not read a few thousand novellas & comics.

The EU was largely a big hot mess with a few good things in it. I think every named character from the movies got their own story and novel. And a ton of stupid superweapons that threatened the galaxy.

My point was, reboot the movies, fine. But why introduce an entire new EU, when some of the originals novels will never be reprinted with the Legends banner, that will be confusing, especially years from now, when the next generations discover this universe. Copyright dates will be the only way to tell what was pre/ post Disney.

i think its frankly a good thing, because all the people who were going around saying the EU was official before now feel extremely foolish like they should have felt all along.

Watched revenge of the sith last night as I had only ever seen it once before and didn't really enjoy it.

Still don't enjoy it.

Not much humour. Yoda looks crap. Boring battles. Overly long forced dialogue.

R2 is the saving grace really.

The Force Awakens toys and LEGO have been confirmed to release on September 4. Possibly a new video game as well.

Unless it's LEGO Star Wars (which by now I bet they have a script that can crank those LEGO games out), Battlefront is the only Star Wars game coming out and that's November (unless they push it back, which is likely unless they are pressured to release it unfinished as is du jour these days with games...)

The Star Wars Battlepod arcade game is freaking amazing: http://www.starwarsbattlepod.com/

And you can get a "home version" for only US$35,000 UK £24,000 (Shipping and setting fees separate)!

Did you find it at Dave & Busters in Houston? Re game, I've heard rumors there might be an unannounced game coming, could be mobile, who knows. Also don't forget Star Wars Infinity, that shit will sell millions.

Star Wars Anthology movie 2 will be young Han Solo vs Boba Fett between EP3 and EP4

And Chris Pratt as Han Solo...

Nah, just kidding.

But we all know it's happening.

Archived