IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SW Rebels season 2 premiere was awesome; Vader vs the two Rebel Jedi, then he takes his Tie Advanced against a whole fleet and kicked their ass, ending with him becoming aware that Ahsoka has survived the Clone Wars, and must be dealt with, then reports that to The Emperor.

• 2 weeks later...

it would be a nice touching moment, not so much now that it's been spoiled though. not that i am complaining given that the thread states major spoilers, but it would have been nice if disney could have kept it under wraps.

it would be a nice touching moment, not so much now that it's been spoiled though. not that i am complaining given that the thread states major spoilers, but it would have been nice if disney could have kept it under wraps.

Well, it might not be true! It will be interesting to do a post-mortem of what rumours were in fact true, which ones were partially true, and the ones that were pure porky pies.

Well, it might not be true! It will be interesting to do a post-mortem of what rumours were in fact true, which ones were partially true, and the ones that were pure porky pies.

the rumor that rang truest was the one revealing plot similarities between Star Trek Into Darkness and Episode VII about the nature of the rebels being tricked into building something like a 'good' death star. everything else im taking with a grain of salt. If they pull a Damon Lindelof and take it to the max (flip it upsidedown how clever!) where Leia has to make the decision to use the weapon or not that could result in the death of an entire planet for the rebel cause then it will be dumb though. I fear some of the bad 'call back' or reversed role stuff they did in Into Darkness will be too apparent in Episode VII, maybe not though. I could see the studio trying to tamp the 'clever writing twist' aspect of the movie down for good reason.

Mr. Plinkett is not gonna be able to bitch about this one. Not sure if that's good or bad though...

Seriously, I hope this will be memorable. It doesn't have to be the original trilogy all over, it doesn't have to dazzle me right from the start, I do want it to be a movie I want to see again and again. And I'm really starting to think that it will be that.

Guest bitroast

hngggg. this hype is unreal. i can hardly imagine a person growing up on star wars, watching that and not being excited to see new film.

the prequels came and kind of ruined the franchise a bit there, sure. but this definitely feels like a very deliberate reset and seems very upfront about ignoring the prequels ever happening (maybe not just this video alone, but this vid + the way they're talking in the comic con panel as well..)

damn. cool shit.

Full video of yesterday's Star Wars panel:

also nice seeing how Leia will look

jJqG2JO.jpg

OK, that pic makes me smile - she's looking like Leia should look. Feeling really good about the prospects for this one!

Archived