IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let the milking to death begin.

this is what i was thinking, but replace milk with water, as in the watering down of the legacy. And then i saw that Han Solo has a black wife now in a comic which disney says is cannon. omG.

1281190897965488423.jpg

link Surely this is a fake or a joke, cause it completely fucks with the movie romance and han's character.

/yes we dirty corporate types will be so much more careful with your treasured IP than you mister lucas were.

The fact that she's black or a woman is irrelevant, but the Han is married twist is a fucking trainwreck. Ruins the character, at least they could've hooked him up with Lando if they were going to do it

new Star Wars #6 / Darth Vader #6 comic crossover is pretty good, shows Luke and Boba Fett had a canon confrontation BEFORE Empire Strikes Back. Then Vader reflects on how his anger cost him his wife. I like that they are tying Anakin more to Vader, and showing there is a character under that armor, that wasn't terribly well developed, especially in EPIV.

Shit, when I first saw A New Hope, I thought Vader was a robot, and the Stormtroopers too. Kids miss little details like dressing up in Stormtrooper armor, my mouth was too busy hanging open.

I prefer the pure evil no personality Vader to be honest.

Yeah it's like that old comic where he stumbles upon c3po's head in cloud city and gets all emo. It's completely out of character.

anything made for star wars post 83 has been awful, and it looks like this new one is going to stink too.

the originals are like a tr-808. pure 80's but so beautiful and all attempts at releasing a clone have been wonky.

maybe it was the limitations of the 80's, but enough advancement to pull it off that made all scifi better back then. less glossy maybe, i dunno

Yeah it's like that old comic where he stumbles upon c3po's head in cloud city and gets all emo. It's completely out of character.
That's what I was afraid of with the pre/post Disney EU, what do people consider real? Canon exists in the mind of the fan, not the corporate entity telling you "this counts, but that doesn't". If you don't think there's a Darth Vader movie coming at some point, you're in for a rude awakening.

Even in Jedi, Vader was starting to feel remorse. He and Palpatine were trying to double cross each other from the moment they realized Luke existed. Vader was damaged goods, half the apprentice Palpatine wanted, and possibly not the Chosen One in his eyes, best to start over again with his progeny. Vader wanted to betray Palpatine, and take Luke as his apprentice, the basic flaw of the Sith, always watch your back bc the next guy is looking for a promotion. IMO, we didn't see enough of Vader's fall, and seeing what's going on inside that head is interesting to me.

I'm glad there's a new SW console game aimed at kids that's not just another LEGO rehash. Parents playing with their kids, or siblings paying together is a great bonding experience.

That's what I was afraid of with the pre/post Disney EU, what do people consider real? Canon exists in the mind of the fan, not the corporate entity telling you "this counts, but that doesn't". If you don't think there's a Darth Vader movie coming at some point, you're in for a rude awakening.

Even in Jedi, Vader was starting to feel remorse. He and Palpatine were trying to double cross each other from the moment they realized Luke existed. Vader was damaged goods, half the apprentice Palpatine wanted, and possibly not the Chosen One in his eyes, best to start over again with his progeny. Vader wanted to betray Palpatine, and take Luke as his apprentice, the basic flaw of the Sith, always watch your back bc the next guy is looking for a promotion. IMO, we didn't see enough of Vader's fall, and seeing what's going on inside that head is interesting to me.

Vader was always a tremendously conflicted and tragic character, and his eventual redemption is arguably the main point of the story. But I consider most of these EU attempts to inject a little depth and humanity into him with questionable scenes to be quite ham-fisted, anachronistic and lazy substitutes for a story that would make more sense.

Pre-jedi he was under the complete control of the emperor (it has been speculated that the emperor's Force power was the only thing keeping him alive) and had a hand in committing horrific atrocities on a daily basis, it was ultimately only Luke who could possibly change this. To suggest there was anything of Anakin alive during that antecedent period is ludicrous in the context of the complete story, and to me only serves to dilute the meaning of his story arc and transformation, not "deepen" his character.

Here's the scene of the comic I referenced by the way. There were plenty of excellent angles and suggestions in the EU of the past (all scattered to the winds now by Lucasfilm/Disney of course, which was inevitable but left a bitter taste among those of us who remember a time when this stuff was actually considered canon)... But this is not one of them, beautifully drawn as it may be. It's strange to hear recent storylines revive this idea, but I suppose it's an easy way to make it look like you've got a deeper story than the average blaster-slinging fluff.

4Gfcz.jpg

That's actually pretty sad O.o

Btw neat topic, fun reading :o *goes back to lurking*

protocol droid is just a cover. for anakin c-3p0 is more than just machine, he is lover. vader misses the gay-bot he made.

GO AWAY! *cries*

Guest bitroast

protocol droid is just a cover. for anakin c-3p0 is more than just machine, he is lover. vader misses the gay-bot he made.

GO AWAY! *cries*

oh pls. man who later wears black leather all body outfit, makes shiny gold robot with posh accent as a kid while living in repressed slave community with his mother and never had a father figure ??

pls.

lul, you got some preconception about public school boys ? Perhaps he just felt safer with the public service announcement, historical and scientific enlightenment sentiment of a bbc accent. edit lol yeah mincing cannee assplain the mincing.

/stands up for the generations of public school chaps that he is descended from.

although i have noticed of late that purposefully the bbc is using northern accents, and even southerners are forced to say kaassell instead of karsol. I think it's a troll like all bbc presenters pretending to afraid of heights.

Guest bitroast

well.

i dunno exactly lol.

all i know is c3po has the odds against him for awhile now as far as the "is he actually a gaydroid?" question is concerned.

Archived