IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

Re-releasing the Lowry 2K restoration again as "The Complete Saga" right before the next movie, really? Notice no Disney logo on front or spine of box.

Got to make that long paper when you still can. Fox owning the rights to ANH for perpetuity will make it difficult to ever make a complete boxset of the movies. Or a release of the originals without the awful Lucas enhancements.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah you can see that in the Disney Anywhere app, every film except ANH is included. I'm thinking maybe Fox has a deal to do home video releases until Force Awakens is released, or until the end of 2015, so they're going to that cash cow one last time.

In the old EU, Ties had no hyper drive or deflector shields so they were almost disposable, as were the pilots.

was this ever explained in any of the movies directly though? The old EU is not canon, and for many star wars fans never was (Even though many people were lead to believe it was).
They didn't really have time to explain every ship's profile in the films, but in A New Hope they state a Tie couldn't get into deep space by iteself without a transport or convoy, implying it doesn't have a hyper drive. Nerd logic :)

In the old EU, Ties had no hyper drive or deflector shields so they were almost disposable, as were the pilots.

was this ever explained in any of the movies directly though? The old EU is not canon, and for many star wars fans never was (Even though many people were lead to believe it was).

It's impossible to reconcile the entire EU but large parts of it were acknowledged as on par with the film canon a long time ago, in a decade far far away (the 90s). It was viewed under a much brighter light before the prequels started happening, even with the blessing of GL himself in certain productions. Stuff like the ship profiles can't really be considered EU since all that stuff was documented in officially authorized trivia books, gathered from production notes and the likes.

From what I can recall a TIE-Fighter is able to stand on the ground by it's wings, but it cannot land or disembark in that manner, it's a rackety thing without air-sealing, life-support, hyper drive etc that relies on specific platforms and carriers for everything. So it's really odd seeing a TIE like that, it should warrant some new form of support, but it's likely just some good old creative license...

They should remake the prequels. I mean hollywood remakes every other fucking story so why not the Star Wars. I don't think in this case anyone would mind a more streamlined and coherent backstory.

Holy FUCK. . . that's fucking genius. . . (yeah, why the fuck not?)

If they did this, they could get Evan Peters to play Anakin (S1 of American Horror Story totally made me think he would've been the perfect Anakin)

do we even need to focus on anakin. He becomes a dick, although you could perhaps find some clever non-lucas idea as to why he went dark side. He could perhaps have always been a dick and the antagonist. Arseholes breed and have children too.

I'm not sure how I feel about most of the movie seemingly being on a desert planet.I forget if it's Tatooine or not.

In absolutely barely related news, I am currently playing through Knights of the Old Republic 1 for the first time. Is it's sequel as good as this one?

I'm not sure how I feel about most of the movie seemingly being on a desert planet.I forget if it's Tatooine or not.

In absolutely barely related news, I am currently playing through Knights of the Old Republic 1 for the first time. Is it's sequel as good as this one?

It's a new planet called Jakku, where a large space battle took place before the movie hence the crashed ships.

Most Star Wars movies contain 3 planets, kind of an unwritten rule, so Jakku is probably the 2nd planet we see, after the massacre and Finn's mutiny, they track him down there in hiding. We also have a snow planet and wherever the village is that gets torched.

Harrison Ford’s first day back as Han Solo after 32 years was not the “Chewie, we’re home” scene, but that’s how it felt for those who watched it that day on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
It took place on a soundstage at Pinewood Studios outside London, the same place the original trilogy was shot. Lots of massive movies have been made there, including most of the 007 titles and some of the later Harry Potter films. Crews here are old hands, and not the kind to get starstruck.
That’s why Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy was caught off guard by their reaction. “The minute Harrison and Chewie walked on board the Millennium Falcon — that was incredible,” she tells EW. “Every single person on the set was stunned. I remember turning around, and there must have been 200 people gathered behind me — completely quiet. I didn’t even know they were there. The whole crew had stopped working, staring at the monitor, because it was so iconic.”

Archived