IGNORED

XMAS_EVET10 (Thanaton3 Mix)

jhonny

Already feeling like this is the true pinnacle of electronic music. I know it's been a stone cold classic for a long time but it feels like everything RDJ has done has led to this moment and this track.

Absolute perfection, I can't stop listening...

windowlicker-champagne-first.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, but definitely not his masterpiece :)

Last Rushup 10 and some Drukqs tracks easily surpass it, but it's definitely up there with them.

Kinda reckon the live version is better in parts.. like more interesting 1 off sounds and shit. But ye its nice :)

I agree, might have been because of the location, but I feel like it had a bit more reverb when it was played in Metz, makes it sound a bit more epic, especially that first synth after the voice.

Nice, but definitely not his masterpiece :)

Last Rushup 10 and some Drukqs tracks easily surpass it, but it's definitely up there with them.

Kinda reckon the live version is better in parts.. like more interesting 1 off sounds and shit. But ye its nice :)

I agree, might have been because of the location, but I feel like it had a bit more reverb when it was played in Metz, makes it sound a bit more epic, especially that first synth after the voice.

Recently I've been listening to a lot of Aphex on my phone with 'Concert Hall' reverb enabled. Gives the tracks a more live vibe and brings some different details out. I recommend it, could work wonders for Metz

Careful talking about any leaked tracks you may have to censored. I lost a whole thread. Its not like we all havent paid for the CD, vinyl etc

I love this album. I actually think the first 2 tracks are the weakest, apart from the piano track. All up though its a winner in my books!

Guest jasondonervan

After several listens of the album, I'm pleased that the live tracks we've known of for so long aren't just high watermark standouts. They fit in nicely among the running order, with all of the other tracks being equally as high on the quality-o-meter.

Also great is that this is a thoroughly intact version of Metz, no tinkering to the formula. He must have acknowledged that it was a popular track enough to put it on the album, I think that was alluded to in one or two of the recent interviews but I'm too lazy to back-track through them at the moment.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Think I gave the live vid like two plays out of curiosity when it was being posted in the main thread a few weeks ago so this is completely fresh to me. There's so much detail in this. Really stand out track. 11/10

I feel like most of these tracks are a definite improvement over the Tuss style, except maybe Death Fuck. Kinda wish there was a beefed up version of that track on here, like a properly mastered one... the master on Rushup buries things where they don't need to be buried and you can tell.

not sure if anyone else has noticed this but theres a synth that comes in at around 5:23 that sounds exactly like the one used in lichen from saw2. very slow attack and extremely long release

last rushup 10 is shite compared to this sry

so wrong, but doesn't take away my love for xmas evet. I think the opening 2 tracks from both albums (rushup and syro) are the best 1-2 combinations of his entire career. It's hard to chose which one i like better

just so you know my stance I LOVE Federation Trough but Rushup Edge just comes across as cheesy to me for some reason

and the shocking truth: that synth at 5:34 or whatever is actually a sample of cheap microcassette recording of lichen. but srsly the synth when the beat stops is pretty SAWII/lichen as well

just so you know my stance I LOVE Federation Trough but Rushup Edge just comes across as cheesy to me for some reason

and the shocking truth: that synth at 5:34 or whatever is actually a sample of cheap microcassette recording of lichen. but srsly the synth when the beat stops is pretty SAWII/lichen as well. missing link between mould and lichen appropriately enough

and the shocking truth: that synth at 5:34 or whatever is actually a sample of cheap microcassette recording of lichen. but srsly the synth when the beat stops is pretty SAWII/lichen as well. missing link between mould and lichen appropriately enough

Archived