IGNORED

Guess what the new shit is

YangYing

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_mk701iFuDT1rjhbn2o1_500.gif

Does anyone else go to work feeling like this or is it just me?

Kudos for probably the greatest gif of all time ever man.

It's from the avalanches frontier psychology video. If you feel like further examination.

I think the line of gear/hardware is smart from a business standpoint and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what transpires.

new (old) music would be great, but the delayed release of the noyzelab interview and all the JR hype makes me suspect that the he's working with him (D. Burraston) to engineer a marketable product (hardware), WATMM will be the storefront (web traffic increase), and maybe a few perks here and there for the turbo fans (watmm'rs)

edit: oh and flol at that turtle exchange from #803-811

Well is the new gear shit imminent enough to pre-order, or will the announcement predate a 2 year wait for production? Is the imminent shit a kickstarter for the new gear shit? Is that the imminent shit that happens before the aforementioned imminent shit?

Flashdrive filled with goodies imminent. I have inside info. inside my own fantasizing head. But the 'HARD' and 'DOM' thing was a big hint I think.

It's going to suck if it's a WATMM members only remix comp, you better open it to the general public or at least make registrations free again for a while, most people can't be bothered to pay for a forum. I would like to hear as much tracks as possible if it's a remix competition, and this limits this from happening.

If they can't be bothered to pay, then they obviously don't care enough to support the site bringing it to them. Bandwidth isn't free, nor is hosting. Paying keeps ads off WATMM, so unless you'd prefer that...

And it's NOT a remix competition of any sort, so try again.

An update - looks like we'll have something to announce in a week or two... but there might be something else about to happen...

Absolutely, I would rather have ads in return of a bigger community, with lots of random new characters popping up, tons of new threads, and the entertainment and potential drama that comes with it. Right now it feels like it's always the same people posting, even tho there are a lot of lurkers. If it was free it would attract a lot more people. I would like to see new clueless people that just got into Aphex asking funny stuff, or just random people in general. Right now it feels too much like "a forum of veterans".

new member registrations have not slowed down one bit since going paid-only in August 2013 (yes, been more than a year now), not counting the spikes we saw during the Kickstarter and SYRO. Paid registrations also have the benefit of keeping out the folks who want to just fuck with things, rather than genuinely contribute to the community.

Personally, I prefer "knowing" more people than just a bunch of random strangers. Perhaps a best of both worlds where we have ads and people can get a paid account to remove them?

This is really not a good place to have this conversation, but considering I have nothing concrete to report yet (hopefully this week)...

I think the line of gear/hardware is smart from a business standpoint and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what transpires.

new (old) music would be great, but the delayed release of the noyzelab interview and all the JR hype makes me suspect that the he's working with him (D. Burraston) to engineer a marketable product (hardware), WATMM will be the storefront (web traffic increase), and maybe a few perks here and there for the turbo fans (watmm'rs)

More along this vein, a marketplace only accessible to WATMMrs, meaning potentially more membership cash flow for WATMM from those interested in buying the gear. Include say, the rephlex back catalogue in this marketplace announcement, and now you have both music fans and creators engaged in the rollout. boom.

It's going to suck if it's a WATMM members only remix comp, you better open it to the general public or at least make registrations free again for a while, most people can't be bothered to pay for a forum. I would like to hear as much tracks as possible if it's a remix competition, and this limits this from happening.

If they can't be bothered to pay, then they obviously don't care enough to support the site bringing it to them. Bandwidth isn't free, nor is hosting. Paying keeps ads off WATMM, so unless you'd prefer that...

And it's NOT a remix competition of any sort, so try again.

An update - looks like we'll have something to announce in a week or two... but there might be something else about to happen...

Absolutely, I would rather have ads in return of a bigger community, with lots of random new characters popping up, tons of new threads, and the entertainment and potential drama that comes with it. Right now it feels like it's always the same people posting, even tho there are a lot of lurkers. If it was free it would attract a lot more people. I would like to see new clueless people that just got into Aphex asking funny stuff, or just random people in general. Right now it feels too much like "a forum of veterans".

new member registrations have not slowed down one bit since going paid-only in August 2013 (yes, been more than a year now), not counting the spikes we saw during the Kickstarter and SYRO. Paid registrations also have the benefit of keeping out the folks who want to just fuck with things, rather than genuinely contribute to the community.

Personally, I prefer "knowing" more people than just a bunch of random strangers. Perhaps a best of both worlds where we have ads and people can get a paid account to remove them?

This is really not a good place to have this conversation, but considering I have nothing concrete to report yet (hopefully this week)...

I don't want the best of both worlds thing, as you said user registrations haven't slowed and people can still lurk without a paid account, I'd say though if you implemented that, you'd get a drop off in registrations, lurkers would suffer ads, advertisers would have somewhere else to paste their fucking boner/diet pills spew, gargh noo, it's good that ppl have learned that you can pay for things that you love. Also with open registration the moderating will go through the roof, as we get inundated with trolls and arsehole teenagers.

Also i feel that users have been more welcoming to new users lately. Maybe we've always been nice, but i have felt the love eminatin.

His next album cover will be an image of Richards face made up of all the pictures he's taken of fans over the years because he loves us ?

His next album cover will be an image of Richards face made up of all the pictures he's taken of fans over the years because he loves us

yeah. he's always taking pictures of his fans.

Archived