IGNORED

Terminator Genisys

Squee

[youtubehd]62E4FJTwSuc[/youtubehd]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Also, I think the promo photos are worth posting...

terminator-5-9.jpg

What on Earth is he screaming at - and shooting at? The ground?

terminatorgnews2.png

terminator-5-8.jpg

This looks so fucking terrible.

Oh, and here's a plot summary:

Sarah Connor isn't the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton's steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991's T2. Rather, the mother of humanity's messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she's been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger's Terminator—an older T-800 she calls "Pops"—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who's great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as bad as a lot of the scenes looked in that trailer. one thing that does actually interest me is the whole 'screwing with the timeline' premise that they seem to be going with.

I'm sure it'll be dumbed down to fuck though, and won't actually be too interesting. but yeah. I will at least download this when it's available.

It honestly looks like the worst shit. SO SO TERRIBLE. I thought Salvation was awful but this might actually top that somehow.

Those promo posters are hysterical though.

yeah, visually it looks pretty crap. we all just watched it in the family room, and my brother said "how did they manage to make the CGI look worse than in the second film?"

dude's got a point...

The CGI has to be unfinished surely, it's so bad.

Love the super kool overhead shot of the T1000 (or whatever) cutting his arm off.

Wank. Fuck off

as bad as a lot of the scenes looked in that trailer. one thing that does actually interest me is the whole 'screwing with the timeline' premise that they seem to be going with.

Yeah, until that point I thought - wait what's this shite, they're just redoing T1 with a shitty CGI 'big' budget?! But then the ol' switcharoo came and it kinda has potential for an interesting idea.

yeah, visually it looks pretty crap. we all just watched it in the family room, and my brother said "how did they manage to make the CGI look worse than in the second film?"

dude's got a point...

i was just going to mention every time ive seen someone attempt a liquid metal thing since T2 it looks worse, even as recently as Man of Steel *runs*

Yeah, until that point I thought - wait what's this shite, they're just redoing T1 with a shitty CGI 'big' budget?! But then the ol' switcharoo came and it kinda has potential for an interesting idea.

it's definitely an interesting idea...dunno what it is about time travel and divergent timelines, but those kind of things have always interested me. I'm not gonna hold my breath for this film being good though, but I am certainly going to give it a watch.

I remember poo-pooing Terminator: The Sarah Chronicles, when I heard they were doing a TV show based on the franchise. But that show actually was heading in some very interesting areas, before Fox cancelled it.

dude's got a point...

i was just going to mention every time ive seen someone attempt a liquid metal thing since T2 it looks worse, even as recently as Man of Steel *runs*

That's because it was a blend of practical effects and CGI, kinda like Jurassic Park.

This hole they are digging just keeps getting deeper.

T6 will be a Terminator killing that Terminator who is killing the Original Terminator.

Also the future bits for an apocalypse everyone looks mighty healthy and buff.

terminatorgnews2.png

holy shit LOL. who the fuck shoots a gun like that? I'm sure she's probably embarrassed by it herself now, as she was probably told to just put on her war-face and then some fool decided to add the muzzle flash (which looks horribly pixelated btw).

doublol @ Obel's new avatar

dude's got a point...

That's because it was a blend of practical effects and CGI, kinda like Jurassic Park.

there's that, but even just the CGI only shots have a lighting to them that in some weird way looks more natural. The liquid metal cgi in T3 and this new movie look frankly like shit in comparison to the original T-1000 cgi shots. It kind of reminds me of the pre 1990s CG look certain movies used like Young Sherlock Holmes. Somehow that stainglass window knight in that movie looks better than a lot of cgi today.

thanks, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the teeth.

having said that, you chose the worst comparison pic - you chose a shot from Terminator 3, where the endoskeletons have Reznor-neck

having said that, you chose the worst comparison pic - you chose a shot from Terminator 3, where the endoskeletons have Reznor-neck

Well it comes to something when a screen grab from T3 looks better than this new one eh?? And yeah i was thinking "Was the neck always that massive??"

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

4KlzI8M.jpg

Look at the size of the teeth on budget terminator!!

The design of the new terminators is alright. I like that they have real teeth, makes sense. That T3 comparison shot looks retarded next to the new one to me

Guest jasondonervan

imn0quIrQJ2cv.jpg

I'LL BE NECK

Archived