IGNORED

Music disgustingly imposed on you...

Lane Visitor

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hate that no matter the context, i always feel uncomfortable, plus as i'm the "music guy" of the family, everybody's always asking me my opinion, or worst !

"ah you make electro, like David Guetta ?"

i totally understand why some peeps shit bricks and kill 10 random people in the neighborhood a sunny morning

Have a feeling this online station was on a lot of the time at the last place I worked. Rather than playing all the -good- music from the 80s, either their taste or budget constraints meant their version of -good- was my idea of -worst-. Any decent tracks seemed to only ever play for about 2 minutes before getting cut off too. I tried to remedy this by making a safe playlist which played to everyone's tastes, but it didn't really seem to work.

• 2 weeks later...

IM SO FUCKING SICK OF HEARING INDIE POP / INDIE ROCK / INDIE ELECTRO-POP.

It's all a big boring mashup of Imagine Dragons, Modest Mouse and Empire of The Sun made for 17 year olds.. (aka music for a bunch of Apple and car brand commercials) and we all hear it everywhere we go, always.. everywhere. Of course, it's probably not as bad as hearing Oasis - Wonderwall / Green Day- Time of Your Life and other alt 90s stuff over and over, but it's cutting close. This is coming from a classic Green Day fan too (only pre-2000 green day).

but seriously, people need to stop playing this garbage over and over. there's SO MUCH music out there, i don't understand how there's not more variety in 2015. ugh.

Imagine Dragons

imagine dragons is the nickelback of the 2010s. least indie thing going imo

i'm not supah up to date on rock genres but when i think indie rock/pop i'm thinking low budget, lo-fi bands putting catchy tracks out on small labels. the kind of music you could picture your friends down the road making.

Imagine Dragons

imagine dragons is the nickelback of the 2010s. least indie thing going imo

i'm not supah up to date on rock genres but when i think indie rock/pop i'm thinking low budget, lo-fi bands putting catchy tracks out on small labels. the kind of music you could picture your friends down the road making.

don't get me wrong i love many lo fi fuzzed out garage rock bands under the indie umbrella.. there's also a lot of awesome indie electro pop out there, but the stuff that's surfaced into the mainstream/satellite radio/etc got old real fast

ahhhh.. ok we're coming from different definitions of "indie" i think.. but i know what you mean, and in that definition, ive always loved me good indie rock/pop.

yeah totally. musical genres are ril vague, and really it all comes down to "dose guys i like" vs "dose guys i hat"

offtopic but that lofi fuzzed garage rock stuff sounds like some of the funnest music to play. whole different world from making bedroom techno like most of us are doing

yeah totally. musical genres are ril vague, and really it all comes down to "dose guys i like" vs "dose guys i hat"

offtopic but that lofi fuzzed garage rock stuff sounds like some of the funnest music to play. whole different world from making bedroom techno like most of us are doing

haha definitely.. stuff like this..

http://crystalmagic.org/track/fearless-summer

(amazing label btw, also home to Eyeliner.. very eclectic and eccentric.. puts out everything from orignal vaporwave to twee/lo fi to punk)

definitely. Not quite the same but a band I play in every now and then has a few songs that are pretty much straight pop punk. It's really fun to just bash out chords really fast on a guitar, and jump around without worrying too much about fucking up!

no mather where i go, i hear that track "it's all about the money" at least once a week for more then a decade now

it's like a demon virus that slowly wants to devour my soul

never heard it before. it's fun!

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know what's going on with me lately, but almost any music i hear through our automated pandora stations at work (with the exception of downtempo / house / jazz / chill ) just aggravates me. Even Electric Feel by MGMT just played and I normally love that song, but I think Im just starting to hate music when it's forced on my ears, esp while trying to focus at work.. not to mention as much as i may like these songs ive heard a million times, ive heard them A MILLION TIMES.

The whole world is insane with repetition of patterns, processes, behaviors.

Art becomes garbage when it's systematically, consistently and obnoxiously imposed on humans.

Starting my own society lol.. done with this shit.

Archived