IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

- someone's gotta be the devil's advocate putting the torch to all the sacrosanct notions of the day before we become a pliant PC subspecies of what man can be.

- ex-military type does not automatically mean war monger, if anything they'd know better, they've served their time sure, following orders sure, that's what the military is about, but it doesn't preclude having a differing opinion about anything. This wouldn't hold for all ex-military personnel sure, but i think we are in a different time now, they're not coming back to a secure economic future, all the certainties in life are being turned upside down or laid to waste, it's a fluid time for the ideologies, old ones are being tossed away as they don't hold true any more, new ones are solidifying.

- someone's gotta be the devil's advocate putting the torch to all the sacrosanct notions of the day before we become a pliant PC subspecies of what man can be.

- ex-millitary type does not automatically mean war monger, if anything they'd know better, they've served their time sure, following orders sure, that's what the military is about, but it doesn't preclude having a differing opinion about anything. Don't you think it's better that he's

1) I agree that PC-ness has made certain legitimate discussions taboo, but I don't think this is one of those times. I know it's hard (for some people) to see Mexicans as 3-dimensional human beings like the rest of us, but c'mon now lol...I mean, these are just people like you and me who are trying to escape extreme poverty and happen to speak another language...if you were born in their neighborhood(s), you'd probably do the same...(and then some right-winger would accuse you of being a cut-throat opportunist)

2) I strongly disagree...while there is a subset of war vets who are staunchly anti-war, most of them seem to be the type to go "fuck yeah" to American Sniper

- ex-military type does not automatically mean war monger, if anything they'd know better, they've served their time sure, following orders sure, that's what the military is about, but it doesn't preclude having a differing opinion about anything. This wouldn't hold for all ex-military personnel sure, but i think we are in a different time now, they're not coming back to a secure economic future, all the certainties in life are being turned upside down or laid to waste, it's a fluid time for the ideologies, old ones are being tossed away as they don't hold true any more, new ones are solidifying.

- what is defined as racism is getting looser all the time it seems, don't like obama's policies, racist; having a long dead confederate general lying in a grave, racist dig him up pronto; liking a flag that your ancestors fought and died under and means something to your community or just having it on your truck cause it looks cool and feels rebellious, racist; any symbols of the south, racist tear them down; saying you have black friends or that you believe everyone is equal, racist. Looser and looser, and pointlessly divisive when we were coming together and getting along fine for the most part. All the problems in society, like the main one of increasing poverty and social inequality is being driven not by your fellow americans but by a super rich cabal that have no interest even in the concept of the united states of america. This current predilection with race is a fiction to distract the population and drive a wedge between everyone that isn't the 0.001%. Unfortunately the pointless clone people are taking up their marching orders, the plan is working, well until everyone realises that they're being manipulated and who the real evil is, what we should truly be complaining about on our facebooks and twitter accounts.

- what is defined as racism is getting looser all the time it seems, don't like obama's policies, racist; having a long dead confederate general lying in a grave, racist dig him up pronto; liking a flag that your ancestors fought and died under and means something to your community or just having it on your truck cause it looks cool and feels rebellious, racist; any symbols of the south, racist tear them down; saying you have black friends or that you believe everyone is equal, racist. Looser and looser, and pointlessly divisive when we were coming together and getting along fine for the most part. All the problems in society, like the main one of increasing poverty and social inequality is being driven not by your fellow americans but by a super rich cabal that have no interest even in the concept of the united states of america. This current predilection with race is a fiction to distract the population and drive a wedge between everyone that isn't the 0.001%. Unfortunately the pointless clone people are taking up their marching orders, the plan is working, well until everyone realises that they're being manipulated and who the real evil is, what we should truly be complaining about on our facebooks and twitter accounts.

hi chunky

jk you know i love you delet

- ex-millitary type does not automatically mean war monger, if anything they'd know better, they've served their time sure, following orders sure, that's what the military is about, but it doesn't preclude having a differing opinion about anything. Don't you think it's better that he's

1) I agree that PC-ness has made certain legitimate discussions taboo, but I don't think this is one of those times. I know it's hard (for some people) to see Mexicans as 3-dimensional human beings like the rest of us, but c'mon now lol...I mean, these are just people like you and me who are trying to escape extreme poverty and happen to speak another language...if you were born in their neighborhood(s), you'd probably do the same...(and then some right-winger would accuse you of being a cut-throat opportunist)

2) I strongly disagree...while there is a subset of war vets who are staunchly anti-war, most of them seem to be the type to go "fuck yeah" to American Sniper

- nations have borders for a reason the same reason that door on houses have locks and bank accounts have pin numbers but on a greater scale, don't conflate wanting to protect them with some fantacist red herring juice.

- most simple people went fuck yeah to american sniper, wouldn't they have limpy, but limpy, can't you see them as 3-dimentional human beings like the rest of of, .I mean, these are just people like you and me who are trying to escape extreme poverty (by joining the military) and happen to speak another language (flags and bunting and pick-up trucks and apple pie) ...if you were born in their neighborhood(s) ,you'd probably do the same...

hi chunky

Yes, it's great to hate on political correctness until it's your closely held sacred cow and the cows have been mulitplying, people are now walking around with an whole herd glommed together like bubbles onto their exterior, and whoa betide the man who accidentally bursts one as they brush past, the full force of the PC police state will come down upon them.

The thing with the Confederate flag is complicated, but ultimately I think it's a good call for it to be removed from government property, it's not the state's responsibility to honor anyone's ancestors and I think flying it over the state capital is more alienating than not doing so.

Individuals can display the flag all they like, but they don't get to be upset that other people legitimately interpret it differently than they do.

hi chunky

Yes, it's great to hate on political correctness until it's your closely held sacred cow and the cows have been mulitplying, people are now walking around with an whole herd glommed together like bubbles onto their exterior, and whoa betide the man who accidentally bursts one as they brush past, the full force of the PC police state will come down upon them.

if you hadn't noticed by my political posts, i am not swayed by PC-ness

if I disagree with my fellow leftist comrades, I will say so (even if it gets me called a "neocon")

it's not that i am responding to the un-PC-ness of what you're saying

i just think that you're mistaken

The thing with the Confederate flag is complicated, but ultimately I think it's a good call for it to be removed from government property, it's not the state's responsibility to honor anyone's ancestors and I think flying it over the state capital is more alienating than not doing so.

Individuals can display the flag all they like, but they don't get to be upset that other people legitimately interpret it differently than they do.

when you say government property, are you thinking of just state capital buildings or do you include museums and memorials and cathedrals and all the other historical sites that litter the south that would be defined being 'government property'?

And what about the american flag itself, it flew when there were slaves around, some of the founders owned slaves, shall we tear down their memorials, remove them from the coinage. Many people around the world curse that flag for all the misery that it has brought them, should we ban the old flaggy. Tear down all symbols and signs, root out anything that might lead to a sense of national identity, free the minds up to join the global colony.

I would take pro-confederate flag people more seriously if they were like "yes, it's a pro-slavery symbol, but let's keep it anyway"

instead there's all this doubletalk about "state's rights" and "heritage"

the south didn't care about state's rights until the north was trying to take their slaves away

then all of a sudden state's rights are worth fighting a war about lol

Edited by LimpyLoo

I would take pro-confederate flag people more seriously if they were like "yes, it's a pro-slavery symbol, but let's keep it anyway"

It's not a pro-slavery symbol to them ffs. That is you thinking that so it must be true. None of this matters anyway, it's just shiny noise to keep us bleeting about things that don't really matter. Poverty and inequality have risen as the US has become a more tolerant liberal place, perhaps then by the same specious logic we should send women back into the home and start locking up homosexuals again. The flag is not an issue, talking about it weakens us.

-sie-

It's not a pro-slavery symbol to them ffs. That is you thinking that so it must be true. None of this matters anyway, it's just shiny noise to keep us bleeting about things that don't really matter. Poverty and inequality have risen as the US has become a more tolerant liberal place, perhaps then by the same specious logic we should send women back into the home and start locking up homosexuals again. The flag is not an issue, talking about it weakens us.

-sie-

here's what the designer of the confederate flag, William Thompson, had to say about it:

“Our idea is simply to combine the present battle flag with a pure white standard sheet; our southern cross, blue, on a red field, to take the place on the white flag that is occupied by the blue union in the old United States flag or the St George’s cross in the British flag. As a people, we are fighting to maintain the heavenly ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race . . .”

so like, there's that....(and don't start spouting any Derrida...if the creator has no say about what it means, then nobody else does either)

when you say government property, are you thinking of just state capital buildings or do you include museums and memorials and cathedrals and all the other historical sites that litter the south that would be defined being 'government property'?

And what about the american flag itself, it flew when there were slaves around, some of the founders owned slaves, shall we tear down their memorials, remove them from the coinage. Many people around the world curse that flag for all the misery that it has brought them, should we ban the old flaggy. Tear down all symbols and signs, root out anything that might lead to a sense of national identity, free the minds up to join the global colony.

There are contexts where it can and should be displayed, particularly museums and sites that have educational value. When I say it should not be displayed on government property, I'm mainly referring to court houses, capital buildings, public universities and other places that are meant to serve all members of a given community.

Memorials and preserved/restored historical sites, I feel, should be maintained in a historically accurate way, not for people who cherish the flag, but in the name of honesty and communal memory. I think the flag should be displayed in these places, since they aren't democratic institutions per se.

I'm definitely not advocating for "safe spaces" or any white washing of our history, I just don't think the people who consider the flag a symbol of their heritage should be catered to by state government. So if a kid walks into his lit lecture at State University X with a flag patch on his jacket, he should be allowed to wear it, but not with the assumption that the university respects anything about his choice other than his right to that form of speech.

Edited by doublename

Anyone been to the confederate White-House museum in Richmond?

Lots of war memorabilia, but hardly a single mention of slavery & southern flagged mugs aplenty in the lobby shop.

Some great record shops around town doe....

Guest chunky

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/11742865/MH-17-Russian-separatist-leader-sued-for-900-million-by-crash-victims.html

Gotta feel for the victims of the plane crash. For the ones who've lost their friends and relatives, it's terrible. And it's horrible to see them be manipulated and deceived by the American government.

Not sure how the plaintiffs can say Russia would think it's ok for a passenger jet full of innocent people to be blown up? How would exploding a passenger liner benefit Russia? The story reads like war propaganda mixed with hollywood bullshitting. Modern warfare, one false media narrative after another.

Could it be the case that if you type in 'anti-aztecism' into google along with 'malaysia' (yes, type 'malaysian anti-aztecism' into google). There you will find evidence that the Malaysian government has a long history of anti-aztecism. Then you have to wonder if there are ruthless Aztec businessmen in the world, ones who will stop at nothing to expand their global control of business (including the transportation industry). You could also wonder if these businessmen had decided that Malaysia and Indonesia were great places to do business at the moment. It would be a shame if the national governments of these nations were to interfere with business. How could business encourage Malaysia and Indonesia to play ball? Only Aztecs have the answer.

MH17 & MH370, it's really mysterious how these planes were destroyed.

Here's a short story. It's called HI FOOL.

A fool once asked: "You have to wonder how big the Mahathir Mohamad fan club is in New York, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv!"

A popular guy with good social skills but no idea of how the world works replied: "That's such a racist, homophobic, sexist, bigoted thing to say. There's this comedian on TV who would rip you apart in two seconds. You anti-Aztecite!"

Then the fool said: "What's more stupid than blowing up transatlantic airliners then trying to blame it on your enemies? That's the most anti-Aztecitic thing ever. The Aztec leadership is acting in a completely moronic way that is putting its own people in danger. What happens when the nations gather incontrovertible proof and evidence that proves that the Aztecs were behind it? Wouldn't it have been wiser to not explode the airplanes in the first place?"

Then the popular guys with good social skills but no idea of how the world works said "Hi fool. I'm a popular guy with good social skills but no idea of how the world works. Mahathir Mohamad? Never heard of him. I'm not going to do any research into how residents of New York think of him. What the Malaysian President thinks of the Aztecs and how the Aztecs think of the Malaysian President has nothing whatsover to do with the explosion of MH17 or the disappearance of MH370. It has nothing to do with BRICS or any of that. Now shut the fuck up you fucking racist homophobe"

Edited by chunky

i too fear for what will become of the aztecs when this all comes out in the end. especially if the community around me finds out that i'm half aztec myself. The world is being brought low by some few but powerful aztecs, and the state of the world at that point of revelation could be such that it may preclude rational thought in the minds of men when they're considering how to deal consequence for their newly obtained knowledge.

Guest chunky

suitable metaphor/euphemism, because the aztecs performed human sacrifice :-(

see the latest ISIS videos (glossy hollywood human sacrifice that has more in common with the aztecs than islam)

Edited by chunky

do you always have to link to yahoo news ? they seem undetailed and pretty bullshit half arsed stories, imO. and it doesn't take long to provide a better article. No offence man, jus younoe.