IGNORED

Zoolander 2

MadameChaos

i thought ben stiller only made serious highbrow dramedy now. ever since he changed his image from this

There's still a goofball deep down inside of his acting soul, he did this the same time he filmed Greenberg

Also, he's been a in a lot of kid-centered movie series like Night at the Museum and a voice in Madagascar

Gif went well to what I was listening too.

Then it agian it might go with almost anything.

looking forward to this zoolander 2.

seriously the anchorman 2 hate is so hilariously overblown. was it better than the original? of course not. nothing is. i'm confident that in time people will see it as at least a competent if flawed sequel. i know that doesn't sound like much but it's a lot nicer than some of the shit people are saying.

people like to point out how 'racist' it was but i really think the joke is on them. the larger issue that was being poked at in the dinner scene was 'not all african americans speak like that but ron is such a massive idiot that he believes otherwise' the joke is clearly on how awful that assumption is. the only racist thing is that they were too polite, anyone would have acted far more aggressively to such an insult, regardless of race.

on topic: zoolander is great and our friendship might depend on whether or not you enjoy that film. hope i at least enjoy the sequel as much as i did anchorman 2

the main issue with the second film is that they tried to do too much with it. they wanted to use a load of new jokes but were worried people wouldn't get it so chucked in a load of stuff similar to the old film. the problem is that most of these old jokes fell flat and didn't work. the film as a whole was overly long.

i felt very much like the actors were churning it out and weren't 100% behind the material. basically it just wasn't that funny. maybe a re-edit? :shrug:

Wow so, Anchorman2 - 22 Jump Street - Horrible Bosses 2 - Dumb and Dumber 2 - Hot Tub Time Machine 2 - Zoolander 2

Are there more comedy sequels than normal right now?? (also quite a few of them have a 5-10 year gap between sequels).

Seriously though, if you watched Wake up, Ron Burgundy after watching the first one Anchorman 2 isn't all that terrible.

i really liked the inevitable multiple news team skirmish too, i don't think they can top the history channel's team that was great. my best bud disagrees and thought it was a hacky throwback despite otherwise liking the film. comedy films tend to be much more divisive than other types, i feel like this has been well established before.

zoolander has so many great moments though, i think i'm due for a rewatch.

I thought they overdid that scene. They obviously wrote that amount of news teams just so various celebrities could be in it.

Kanye West tho?

Edit: luckily though i'd say Stiller is pretty consistent. the last film of his i saw was really hilarious.

Archived