IGNORED

TCF - NLeZ7tnzzjTXBsMtD1OO0xPEZ0MmnSKsGZA​/​yHfSV1gfK H​+​/​/​xR9oW​...

ventolin68

Stunningly beautiful (if you ask me) 4 track EP.

"Listening to Berlin-based composer TCF is a pretty singular experience: not only because he makes incredibly interesting compositional decisions, but also because he often recruits artificial intelligence to participate in music making. As a result, his work manages to simultaneously evoke "real life" and something else entirely: a cyborg otherworld that we just don't have the words to describe yet." (The Fader)

"We envy anyone about to encounter TCF's music for the first time. " (Boomkat)

There is a Soundcloud link here: http://www.thefader.com/2015/03/12/tcf-ekster-single

Order here: https://eksterlabel.bandcamp.com/album/nlez7tnzzjtxbsmtd1oo0xpez0mmnsksgza-yhfsv1gfk-h-xr9ow-uujo4i3n0lrghdsueorsokjjmzapfoa

I think there is a corny contradiction in making art that utilizes and emphasizes encryption both as a concept and as a technique, and at the same time feeling the need to speak so much in plaintext about how convoluted and complex it all is. Strikes me as gimmicky.

All physical copies sold out within a few hours.

People obviously like tea !

Strange how he talks about happy about pirating it when there's digital copies to purchase easily from Boomkat (well, the previous one anyway!)

Been tuning into his tracks for a few months now. Just a listen here and a listen there. They're cool.

I spied this on Boomkat yesterday but steadfastly refuse to get sucked into their little ploy for me to part with £20. It's always the same with them. You know their deal and the way they spin it to you. Some real anal pretenious fucking spiel written up by Boomkat Boy Wonder.

I don't give a fuck if its up on Discogs within 24 hours for treble the price.

Rant over :biggrin:

I think there is a corny contradiction in making art that utilizes and emphasizes encryption both as a concept and as a technique, and at the same time feeling the need to speak so much in plaintext about how convoluted and complex it all is. Strikes me as gimmicky.

Yeah I often find myself put off by such framing of music. That said, I do actually like what I'm hearing.

People obviously like tea !

Strange how he talks about happy about pirating it when there's digital copies to purchase easily from Boomkat (well, the previous one anyway!)

I think when he was giving his thumps-up to pirating, he was talking about this release specifically, since the label won't offer a separate digital-only release of it.

I presume he wouldn't mind a little payment for the stuff which is still commercially available.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived