IGNORED

Summer Sounding IDM

MCJ

I'm needing to find a fairly new song for a festival trailer. Something upbeat with a summer feel to it similar to that Lone collab - Kona Triangle. Who would you say makes the best IDM that gives you that warm fuzzy feeling of being outdoors.

GENTLE PEOPLE (old stuff though)

Big second on Washed Out. Monster Rally is worth checking out too.

Well, Lone, but looks like you've got that covered already. Koushik has a pretty decent hazy-summer feel to him.

Kona Triangle is one of my favorite albums of all time, for the record.

Hell, this track is like, so summery, it's a summer within a summer

I dunno about IDM in the traditional, strict definition, but there's a shitload of summery stuff in better chillwave, vaporwave and A LOT from the beat scene / beat tape community. Some old drum n bass and rave (FSOL and LTJ Bukem), as well as newer reincarnations of it (seapunk like Ultrademon, or labels like 1080p)

Actually, dig here, I think anything that samples or eschews exotica is a sure bet.

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite IDM but I love this EP for some nice summer tunes

This is lush, I like it. Pretty sure she collab'd with The Bug on his latest LP as well.

As mentioned above, Lone for sure, when it comes to summery music.

Pretty sure she collab'd with The Bug on his latest LP as well.

That Bug tune is great. love her vocals, and she's a super talented producer. never got her stuff with Dean Blunt, mostly because I find Blunt's vocals really horrible, don't get it.

Actually, dig here, I think anything that samples or eschews exotica is a sure bet.

I don't want to come off as a total dick, but to eschew something is to stay away from something or to shun it. So if it's sampling exotica, it cannot also be eschewing it.

Something summery:

https://soundcloud.com/teendaze/sun-burst

Archived