IGNORED

US dates

Guest pixelives

Does anybody know whether there's any merchandise worth getting at the shows? I already have the recent ae releases, so I don't know whether there might be anything I haven't seen before.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is humorous listening to two drunk people talk about a band you like, after they just saw 'em.. yes. especially regarding a band like autechre. while at work, it makes the time go by. it's amusing, listening to the one trying to formulate an argument in autechre's defense, while the other kid's fucking inebriated and just not havin it. it's funny shit. there is humor to be found in many forms of conversation, however "regular" you deem them to be.

edit: in response to drillkicker, upthread

I think I just hate listening to their annoying accents. I hate how the one pretentious guy pronounces Merzbow and Fennesz. The other guy says some funny things at the beginning, but his voice is even more annoying and I hate drunk people in general, so it doesn't amuse me very much. I sort of get the humor in this upon a second listen, but they're too annoying for the few chuckles to be worth it.

I haven't heard anyone get that worked up about anything in a long time. I could only listen to about 20 minutes of it, but that was hysterical. It did make me wonder what other Autechre shows he ever enjoyed

Listening to some of the recordings the Philly set sounded very similar to the 2015 Bloc set on Youtube, but pretty different to Krakow.

The track at 29-ish definitely got played last night, as did the one that drops around 32:20. The latter had some serious bassweight and sounded incredible on Union Transfer's system. I was flipping the fuck out. I'm pretty sure a lot more of the tracks in that Bloc set were played too but I was pretty damn stoned so my memory is hazy.

I think I just hate listening to their annoying accents. I hate how the one pretentious guy pronounces Merzbow and Fennesz. The other guy says some funny things at the beginning, but his voice is even more annoying and I hate drunk people in general, so it doesn't amuse me very much. I sort of get the humor in this upon a second listen, but they're too annoying for the few chuckles to be worth it.

you have no idea how many times I wanted to kick someone in the balls for saying 'au-tesh-ray' man

you have no idea how many times I wanted to kick someone in the balls for saying 'au-tesh-ray' man

There is a person somewhere that actually says au-tesh-ray? lol :cerious:

Is pronouncing "ch" as "sh" a french thing or what?

I'll be at the Asheville show tomorrow, really looking forward to it. Not looking forward to driving 4 hours back home and then going to work the next morning, but fuck it.

When we (the Americans) were waiting for you guys oustide that bar in Vancouver, this guy was literally screaming "awe-tesh-ray" from the balcony and came swirling down to geek out with me about Max.

btw, if you're on WATMM, hi dude! It was fun talking to you but yeah that is not how I would pronounce it, lol.

I was high as fuck too, I think I embarrassed the shit out of Audioblysk (soz! :P)

I heard somebody in line outside the venue in Seattle pronounce it "awe-tetra" and started having doubts about the audience.

Damn page break. Oh...never mind.

When we (the Americans) were waiting for you guys oustide that bar in Vancouver, this guy was literally screaming "awe-tesh-ray" from the balcony and came swirling down to geek out with me about Max.

btw, if you're on WATMM, hi dude! It was fun talking to you but yeah that is not how I would pronounce it, lol.

I was high as fuck too, I think I embarrassed the shit out of Audioblysk (soz! :P)

The guy saw your shirt or something, right? I thought he was supposed to meet up with us at the Imperial later or something? He gave me a strangely sexual look as he was walking away lol.

I heard somebody in line outside the venue in Seattle pronounce it "awe-tetra" and started having doubts about the audience.

Damn page break. Oh...never mind.

Awetetra :whistling:

The guy saw your shirt or something, right? I thought he was supposed to meet up with us at the Imperial later or something? He gave me a strangely sexual look as he was walking away lol.

Oh yes, that was an important detail of the story, LOL. Yeah I was kind of looking for him in the crowd but I didn't see him. Yes he seemed rather, uh, chipper!

Archived