IGNORED

Most frightening film sequences.

fumi

What's the most nerve-wracking film sequence you've ever watched?

Here's mine. Even after all these years, can still barely bring myself to sit through it.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that scene in ringu 1 or 2 (don't remember which) where someone enters a room and there's an old lady standing there combing her hair looking into a small mirror that keeps moving or something. i don't know why but fuck that scene, i don't even wanna try and look it up on youtube.

Shizuko_ring_video.jpg

Ju-on: The Grudge.

The original one, not the one with Sarah Michelle Geller in it.

There is a scene when the possessed girl comes down the stairs on all fours, with these fucking scary creaking noises. The natural lighting makes it all look so freaky and for some reason it messes with my head.

In fact, the entire movie is awesome.

unrelated: Don't want to break the thread, but have there been any scary films coming out of Asia in the last 10 years?

The clapping scene in the conjuring is my most recent thrill.

that scene in ringu 1 or 2 (don't remember which) where someone enters a room and there's an old lady standing there combing her hair looking into a small mirror that keeps moving or something. i don't know why but fuck that scene, i don't even wanna try and look it up on youtube.

Shizuko_ring_video.jpg

I saved you the trouble. You know you want to watch it :)

http://youtu.be/cCELTgyfAXM

Exorcist (directors cut) - Was released in theaters years ago for some reason. Anniversary or something... When you hear some weird chattering & Linda Blair is walking down the stairs on all 4s backwards was a wtf. Yea it looked off by how they filmed it, but still, creep factor was full on. Didn't know anything of that scene watching the movie as a kid.

Kind of amazing (in a bad way) that given how many horror films have been made over the past forty years or so, you could probably count the number of truly terrifying and unforgettable sequences on one hand.

Exorcist (directors cut) - Was released in theaters years ago for some reason. Anniversary or something... When you hear some weird chattering & Linda Blair is walking down the stairs on all 4s backwards was a wtf. Yea it looked off by how they filmed it, but still, creep factor was full on. Didn't know anything of that scene watching the movie as a kid.

Yeah, I saw that unreleased sequence years and years after watching the original cut. It was still amazingly powerful and disturbing.

I guess it's on YouTube but I have to get some sleep shortly so it's absolutely the last thing I want to think about.

Isn't that like the most iconic Exorcist scene apart from the 180º? Weird

Can't find the particular scene, but Clive Barker's Candyman fucked me up as a kid... Saw it on a Halloween when I was way too young to be watching that shit. Nightmares for days.

Isn't that like the most iconic Exorcist scene apart from the 180º? Weird

This scene was never in the versions I saw as a kid. Cable TV versions mind you. So don't know if they edited it or what...Directors cut was the first time I knew of its existence. I would also add the crucifix bloody dildo also. Nasty.

vvtaogH.jpg

FhGLeje.gif

and the entire rest of the fucking film

This isn't the Guess The Movie Still thread mang, post the title

That would be Inland Empire.

And yes, that movie freaked me the fuck out when I watched it at the movies. Two hours of weirdness and then suddenly pure fucking horror.

Sorry, Spanish Guy, I thought everyone on here was intimately familiar with Lynch's filmography.

Watched it on mushrooms a few years back and it was the most intense cinematic experience I've had.

Archived