IGNORED

Most frightening film sequences.

fumi

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good thread. looked through it to make sure I'd seen most of the picks, I need to see the original Grudge and The Bothersome Man though.

for my money:

the end scene from Mulholland Drive

The hospital scene in Jacobs Ladder

and the ending scene in Blair Witch are the ones that have hit me the hardest over the years and still pack a punch now.

special prize def goes to Jacob's Ladder though.

and a couple of other scenes from this, including the attack on the house when the candlelight is seen from the street.

I'm going for an obvious and boring choice that has probably already been mentioned a buttload of times, but the diner scene in Mulholland is something else.

first time i saw this movie i was at home by myself at night. this part made me actually jump up and stop the movie:

the-ring.jpg

started watching it again after a few minutes when i regained my composure but nothing else in the rest of the movie was as scary as that part. just the way it was edited in so quickly when you're not prepared for it.

first time i saw this movie i was at home by myself at night. this part made me actually jump up and stop the movie:

the-ring.jpg

started watching it again after a few minutes when i regained my composure but nothing else in the rest of the movie was as scary as that part. just the way it was edited in so quickly when you're not prepared for it.

Agree.

The scenes like this one in the Grudge did my nut in a bit too lol

I don't really watch scary films because I'm a big chicken so most of the scares I get are from films I weren't expecting them in which adds to it. The Mulholland Drive scene with the homeless person at the diner and seeing the corpse on the bed scene stand out from memory.

Gah, what an AWESOME thread. Everyone here pretty much nailed every terrifying film sequence that has creeped me out through the years (main ones being that one scene in Lost Highway; bum scene in Mullholland; Lynch just does such a good job with that sort of nightmarish terror stuff. . .)

Here's one from La Jetee. I'm going to Spoiler this though, because if you haven't seen the entire film, I don't think the impact is going to be the same . . .and it's TOTALLY worth watching the whole thing. Short, but mainly still shots and subtitled, so probably not for everyone (french film that 12 Monkeys was based on.)

[youtubehd]I6wDN4cEXCM[/youtubehd]

Argh - when the movie shifts from those still shots to when she opens her eyes. . . FUCK.

Great topic!!! I've been laughing and crying my way through it...

For me situations don't come much more intensely terrifying than this, the opening scene to 28 weeks later:

Just relentless, no time to make decisions.

that scene in Massive Asses 7 where the chick comes out at the start in her sexy lingerie and starts jiggling all her bits seductively... but her ayse like a surfboard.

120.gif

you want awesome opening scenes, try 'When A Stranger Calls". the 1979 version, not the crappy remake.

make some time, turn off the lights, & watch the first 20 minutes of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOmAKZBj-Ro

Oh damn that's well done! Great to see where Scream drew it's inspiration from. I just grabbed some mint samples from this scene as well!

you guys are just bunch of pussies. go cry to your mother. bohoo.

:catsalute:

This is true lol, but scary stuff gets in my head, good thread though :)

you want awesome opening scenes, try 'When A Stranger Calls". the 1979 version, not the crappy remake.

make some time, turn off the lights, & watch the first 20 minutes of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOmAKZBj-Ro

Oh damn that's well done! Great to see where Scream drew it's inspiration from. I just grabbed some mint samples from this scene as well!

Haha, saw what you did there... :emotawesomepm9:

Archived