IGNORED

Autechre @ Dekmantel 2015

Draft78

...Judging by the pictures of the theater, and by the fact that the organizers of the festival dedicated a night (almost) exclusively to them, the liveset of tonight could be one of the most epic in the history of music.

Untold sorrow to miss it.

I really hope that someone will be equipped to record it: would be a crime to let soften such an event, without obtaining at least a relic.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fe91a3dc38b1981226c5c025fc759674.gif

I could sacrifice a testicle to listen to the original audio of this
Just came back from the show, it's actually worth sacrificing at least three testicles. So good...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1039 met Tapatalk

fe91a3dc38b1981226c5c025fc759674.gif

I could sacrifice a testicle to listen to the original audio of this

Just came back from the show, it's actually worth sacrificing at least three testicles. So good...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1039 met Tapatalk

You better recorded the whole thing or i shalleth take away five

Donde estan mis pantalones tenía mi Iphone avec Tapa Tapa Tapa

mmmmm

time for a new album.

how was the combination e2e4 and autechre? was it as sexy as i would imagine? like, cum in your ears sexy?

So exactly how many virgin goats will I need to sacrifice for a recording? :catghost:

...testicles, testicles, currently is expected to offer in sacrifice only testicles.

My two are already on the altar.

Back on my feet... So this was a good night :) the venue itself was quite IDM, maybe not as much as the last time I saw them:

MuziekgebouwAanTIJ.jpg

muziekgebouw.jpg

As you can see it's not really a venue for techno parties, so no drinks were allowed in the hall unfortunately. We watched Manuel Gottsching from where this picture was taken and I was sucking it up like a sponge. Him picking up the guitar made it sound more dated than the rest of the 1981 piece, but still a very hypnotic experience.

One thing that I noticed was that even though it was completely sold out, the room really wasn't that full. Very strict safety regulations I'm guessing, but very unfortunate for the ones missing out... It was a bit more crowded than this but this was taken about 15 minutes before Manuel Gottsching started:

CLLoCUoUwAALleY.jpg

Autechre was supposed to start at 10 pm, so while they were already standing there (with the lights on) they weren't given a queue to start. That took about 25 minutes of them just waiting. Sean seemed bored and maybe as a queue to the venue, or out of protest, or just for lols threw in one huge loud kickdrum sound over the PA. Shortly after they started off.

Had my eyes closed most of the times because I stood near the front, where unfortunately two emergency exit signs made it not so dark... Again, enough empty spaces to fit at least another 100 people in. Last fifteen minutes or so I went to the middle of the venue because the Matrix-cave-tribal-dancing-scene-style dancers were getting a bit too much for me. I also didn't see anyone record or make videos, except the high-quality recording device Autechre brought themselves :)

The music itself was radically different from the last time I saw them (only a few months ago). Previous gig I danced like crazy, this time I was completely immersed. Similar deconstructions of EDM drops and shredded dubstep wobbles combined with elements of Exai and L-Event and most of all, completely new sounds that were all over the place. I can see why their set is really meant for experiencing live (more than the Utrecht gig), the impact it has can never be translated into a bootleg (but fuck that, I'd still want to hear it again anyway :)). Absolutely insane, more intense than last time.

Also:

https://instagram.com/p/5zDDvzNXhH/

https://instagram.com/p/5y9nxmMDU9/

I also just saw a tweet of someone that walked out after 20 minutes because he was an old Amber / Incunabula fan and was probably expecting that...

C2n5qFd.jpg

Wow so from the looks of that the live setup is just two laptops and a mixing desk. Anyone know what that box in front of rob is?

Great pic btw

Awesome pics, awesome description Herr Jann. Thanks for all that.

Now, to the formalities...

sean pls

rob pls

release the recording. we need it for our soulzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived