IGNORED

Autechre @ Dekmantel 2015

Draft78

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also just saw a tweet of someone that walked out after 20 minutes because he was an old Amber / Incunabula fan and was probably expecting that...

I saw a comment on social media from a friend of a friend about how he hated their Bloc set despite being a fan. Not really sure why he thought that but I'm assuming he was expecting something closer to their Quaristice-era shows?

Also what was the mic for? Some banter with the crowd? "<venue> is the best gig I've ever played!"? Improtu beatboxing?

Also what was the mic for?

Are you sure it's a mic and not e.g. an e-cigarette?

ah I think you're right

There is a big clue right above your post asking about the mic, thought that would be obvious enough. Yeah, it was an e-cig :)

Also what was the mic for?

Are you sure it's a mic and not e.g. an e-cigarette?

ah I think you're right

There is a big clue right above your post asking about the mic, thought that would be obvious enough. Yeah, it was an e-cig :)

It's Monday, I can barely dress myself today

:catcry:

I was lucky enough to be at this. I've seen Sydney (Oversteps tour), Krakow (Warp25) and now this. This was easily the most epic... I thought if it was anything like Krakow I'd be extremely happy, but I felt that this one was superior!

Guest bitroast

nice. listening to 1 now ( that second from the end one )

also, nice to see a tiniest glimpse of the desk / live setup. not something you see too often with the top 'chre.

Good lord, good shit as always, makes me more excited for their London show. Quality choice of background track before they started too, I really need to get myself Dekmantel one of these years.

I wonder what they are using for their MBP-screens... minimal screen brightness or even some "dark mode"-setting with some app?

(I don't see the screens lightning them up particularly much during the show. Just like on the Oversteps tour.)

That's the kind of setup I'd really want to hear Ae in - Always seen them to be about the purity of their sound so the normal 'club' setting they do live stuff in always seemed a bit weird. If Ae played in the Barbican I'd be well up for it, but at 1am-ish in a big reverbery venue doesn't seem Ae-ey (to me)

If they were on first I'd probably be OK but I reckon they wont be ready till early a.m. by which time I'd be dead to the world (and so would my ears if Haswell was on before hand)

really enjoying the art on that flickr account.

i agree this is a great way to see them. like haswell and florian with the upic. an art setting. ive always thought raves were a bit cheezy.

also, they must do something to liven up the sound of max/msp. ive never heard it sound that good

also, they must do something to liven up the sound of max/msp. ive never heard it sound that good

I agree it sounds ace. Since it looks like an acoustically designed concert hall from Herr Jan's pics that would make a difference in the level of detail that comes across.

i agree this is a great way to see them. like haswell and florian with the upic. an art setting. ive always thought raves were a bit cheezy.

As if art environment is not cheesy as all fucking hell.

As if art environment is not cheesy as all fucking hell.

yeah I personally think nightclubs and other "rave" venues work great for Autechre with regards to fitting their ideas, but that's just me. As for venue acoustics, different venues accommodate different sounds and audio aesthetics... you wouldn't want a jazz band in a classical concert hall, for example. Unless there is something specific about the environment that fits AE's audio there's no reason to assume they are better set in an arts venue for acoustics simply because it's an arts venue.

Archived