IGNORED

Couple of things that occured to me about soundcloud

delet...

I wonder if most of us would get more plays when people's streams have one newer track (written by someone who's probably cooler and better) sitting above in their stream, so it then accidentally plays our music next. Does this count for plays in soundclud ?

Secondly, i wonder if people get more plays if they post their music when it's friday night, and people are more receptive to surfing their streams ?

Dunno about the first thing, but if you're talking about sharing, then yeah if they listen to the other person first, and then it rolls over into the next track, then you get a play

but I know for a fact that Soundcloud gets the most traffic on Sundays. For whatever reason. I should honestly be posting my music on sunday, but meh. I'm too lazy for that. I don't care enough about plays to be honest, I care 99% about getting better. GETTING A HIGHER POWER LEVEL.

another thing. I've noticed that the recommended tracks on the side often have tracks from someone who commented on a track. Especially if you comment and like and follow Evoava.

Like and follow Evoava.

Like and follow Evoava.

Sorry about that, I stutter sometimes. Three times in a row sometimes, especially about liking, following, and commenting on the tracks of Evoava on soundcloud.

Anyway, one other little trick is to have an avatar that's mostly one color. I'm utilizing that now :3. I waited until I had a decent avatar cuz I don't like the solid brick avatars. There's one other guy with lots of followers who uses a lime green avatar, (won't say his name but you've probably noticed him) and comments on everything. Just go look on Aphex's profile and look at the comment bar, you'll see him. It's a proven fact that lime green is the most noticeable color to the human eye. So that's why he chose it I guess.

I should write one of those shitty info-books about soundcloud and use malware to spam it onto people's computers. "How to Hack Soundcloud in just 24 hours!!!" "Get a thousand followers TODAY" etc. etc.

hah, yeah totally. i also don't give a shit and just post whenever. But i thought these were intresting questions. That sunday thing was intresting, i spose it's when the kids are a little mashed from two nights of debauchery, and are hanging under the covers soundcloudenating.

Well the rationale behind it is that, people mostly work on the weekdays, on saturday people are busy writing music, on sunday they're more often looking at soundclurg, posting, looking at other peeps' stuff.

Both, the most uploads and plays are on sunday because people go there to upload, and listen to other people's stuff too. Sunday is when it happens the most, it's not the only day people listen and upload or anything. I never upload on sunday really. It just doesn't happen for whatever reason.

maybe that makes sunday a terrible day then to upload, cause you've got to fight the crowd. People in my stream just upload whenever i've found, but now you've mentioned the pattern i'll probably notice it. pheh.

Well, people get the most plays if they upload on sunday because more people are there to look at the stream. I'm sure Saturday is the second busiest day. People generally just have more free time to listen on the weekends, besides uploading.

yeah i forgot that people probably actually go out on friday nights, but maybe not watmmrsz or the type of people that listen to homebrew lectronica, so there's hope for my theory yet.

You guys are onto things

Never realized it but you're totally right about the track covers. The tracks album cover is in a lot of ways really your avatar

Well brisbot was right, people started listening to the last track i posted on thursday or whenever, in the past day which was sunday.

---------------------- ---- ::

Something else has cropped up that i'd like to ask the EKTs about.

Have you noticed on your stats someone playing 'others'. Tracks called others, it's spooky, what are these ghost songs called others. Are they tracks that i've deleted that someone behind the scenes still has access to (conspiracy) ? Are they my tracks that i've played myself from my stream (this doesn't match up with my playing behaviour from the past week as i listen to a track to test it, but that's it and i didn't test anything over the past couple of days) ? Or is this representative of lost stats cause soundcloud is having issues, so they know that there were plays but cannot assign them to a specific track ? I have never noticed this category of track before.

Any ideas chaps.

Hey maybe it only lists the top five tracks by name in an unpaid account's stats and as i've got 7 now lesser tracks are labelled 'others', that's probably it. lol @ previous post then, especially the conspiracy one, hah.

what do you mean by track covers O.o

This illustrates the point I thought you were talking about. If you use the same cover image on all your tracks your followers will instantly recognize its you before they read the uploaders name etc.

Wv04wP6.png

Yeah, I thought that that was a good idea, would be especially relevant to most of the people in my stream that first use unoriginal pictures they just grabbed off the web, so it's not personal to them or their artistic thing, and besides that the pics they use aren't that great or fitting a theme. So there are several reasons besides the obvious one of putting everything under an identifiable banner that make this a good idea. I have a theme for most of my pics though, so when people see a dusk sky with maybe some power lines or a street light, they'll go, "oh shit, better not play that one", and everybody will be happy. hahah.

So yeah, maybe it's not such a good idea for people to know who it is or they might start skipping you, heeh.

In the stats thingy you can click on "expand to see more" near the bottom and get a complete breakdown of all the tracks played.

Also, if you play a track from the dedicated track page, it will auto-play from that user's favourites after that, pretty cool IMO as you yourself will do a little promotion for every track you fave.

So you should only fave ambient noise tracks, so people keep thinking about your track without getting distracted as the fave track unobtrusively plays through, heheh.

Ticks another advicetoid off for the Soundcloud strategy for dummies book that brisbot's gonna write.

Archived