IGNORED

AE_LIVE_requests_thread

Soloman Tump

a few weird assumptions in the past 3 posts, I wager the opposite is true that this AE soundboard barrage is just the start of something. I'd be very surprised if after doing this they still had a good reason for not putting out the Quaristice or Oversteps recordings. Don't lose hope

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they didn't make an entite webstore for a single release! There's definitely more coming, but please - take your time! These 4 soundboards are gonna take a while to digest. So many auralgasms...

Seem to remember in AAA they said they had loads of recordings of live sets going back years.

Also agree with them launching a new website for this then the chance of more to come are pretty high (Hope so anyway!)

Found it in the google doc.. Sean said the below about the live sets,However in another question he said he didn't think there was recordings of any quaristice shows :(

we were discussing this recently (milking it for all it's worth)

the main barrier is the sheer amount of it we would have to go through, it's a few months work i reckon, if it was going to be comprehensive (and that's hard cos the archive is WELL patchy)
and we were debating what we'd actually do with it as well

ie. whether it's better to stitch the best bits of different gigs together (like a lot of 70s/80s live albums did) or to release them slightly edited (george lucas), or to touch them up here and there sonically, or leave them totally untouched

it's our style to release them untouched really - but they would sound a bit weak if we left them 100% intact cos they were mixed for a live rig, and what sounds good mixed in a venue can sound terrible as a 2 track master played at home (a bit better really loud on cans but never quite right)

the fact that we would prob end up messing with the sound sets off my autism and makes me want to make other changes

also there is a bit of a source consistency issue, as in the gigs that were recorded were prob not the best examples of any given set (it was always venues doing the recording, we would just be given a DAT at the end), and a lot of the best captures were actually by fans, so we'd have to try tracking people down to get WAVs of stuff we only currently have as MPEG or whatever

I would like to hear the legendary allegedly notoriously rumored recording of Sean, Rob, Tom Jenkinson and Richard D. James doing an acapella barbershop quartet rendition of the timeless classic 'Coney Island Baby' which they made while tripping on acid while sitting in a pod of the London Eye ferris wheel eventho is wasn't moving.

Guess who was the bass

[this one's for you MisterE]

So people are just listing shows they've been to?

I wish I had gone to that Kalpol Introl Live from 1994...

fucking hell, 11 year old me would've loved that.

19 year old me saw them play that in Glasgow in '95 I think. Still my favourite gig to this day.

Found it in the google doc.. Sean said the below about the live sets,However in another question he said he didn't think there was recordings of any quaristice shows :(

we were discussing this recently (milking it for all it's worth)

the main barrier is the sheer amount of it we would have to go through, it's a few months work i reckon, if it was going to be comprehensive (and that's hard cos the archive is WELL patchy)

and we were debating what we'd actually do with it as well

ie. whether it's better to stitch the best bits of different gigs together (like a lot of 70s/80s live albums did) or to release them slightly edited (george lucas), or to touch them up here and there sonically, or leave them totally untouched

it's our style to release them untouched really - but they would sound a bit weak if we left them 100% intact cos they were mixed for a live rig, and what sounds good mixed in a venue can sound terrible as a 2 track master played at home (a bit better really loud on cans but never quite right)

the fact that we would prob end up messing with the sound sets off my autism and makes me want to make other changes

also there is a bit of a source consistency issue, as in the gigs that were recorded were prob not the best examples of any given set (it was always venues doing the recording, we would just be given a DAT at the end), and a lot of the best captures were actually by fans, so we'd have to try tracking people down to get WAVs of stuff we only currently have as MPEG or whatever

pretty amazing considering this is how they felt back then VS what they ended up doing. Besides some mastering/limiting the recordings sound virtually untouched which is what I preferred anyways.

i would love love love love love to hear AE_LIVE_CHICAGO_130505

i was there it was my first autechre concert and i had to leave a little early because my ride was leaving and i really feel bad that i couldn't hear the rest of the set

I'd love soundboards from the DEMF show and Columbus show on the Confield tour.

Would love soundboards of the Pourtsmouth and Dekmantel sets from this tour.

Mainly because Columbus and Dekmantel, at least in my memory, were the most extreme abstractions I heard on those tours (having seen 3 dates on Confield and 2 for their current one). Though I think sitting in the balcony of the concert hall in Amsterdam and getting those acoustics definitely played into the experience.

Archived