IGNORED

Xosar - Holographic Matrix

manmower

Yeah I've been enjoying her live shows, DJ sets, and work with Legowelt for a while, but hadn't found a solo release of hers that I liked quite as much as this one yet. It's not my usual cup of tea but the darker harder stuff she's been putting out is really doing it for me.

Just one listen in but it's definitely miles better than the other album she has on bandcamp. I've got pretty much all of her records up until 2013 (love those first three from 2012 especially), her style changed quite a bit after that and I kind of lost interest. Let Go had a few good tracks but those sounded like they were already a few years old? This one is a keeper though!

Been playing this one quite a lot, it's true that not all of it may be as "dark" as it seemed at first. The fact that there's very little top end in these tracks, or the underwater sound of it as someone else described it, probably contributed to that initial impression. Flesh Activation sounds like something straight from a cassette tape recorded at a shady 90s trance club. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived