The Stars Look Very Different Today - RIP David Bowie

Soloman Tump

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ sweet how did the show go

it was a nightmare

soundcheck sounded amazing...like as professional as i've ever heard

get on stage for the show and everything has been changed: amp settings, monitor positions...everything

it was very frustrating

did the kids have a good time, that's the main thing with gigs.

it was really awesome to see such a diversity of generations

lots of teenagers seem to dig David Bowie

that is a hopeful thing

and yeah the show was fun

alot of energy

i was just annoyed at the technical problems that seemed to plague every single band

it was a nightmare

get on stage for the show and everything has been changed: amp settings, monitor positions...everything

it was very frustrating

I would be cursing. Who and why changed it?

it was a nightmare

it was very frustrating

I would be cursing. Who and why changed it?

volume, treble and mid settings on the amp i was using (old Fender Bassman)

the position of my monitor

my chair had been removed from stage

my pedal stuff had all been unplugged

and so my ebow

(which sounded perfect in soundcheck)

kept feeding back

and everything i played was either too quiet or too loud

yeah it was annoying to practice so hard just to be foiled by bad sound

I am sorry.

oh i don't care, really

the money went to cancer

there was alcohol being served so nobody minded

everyone had a good time on the macro level

i got to hang out (and play music) with my closest friends

i got to meet some awesome people

it was a blast

i am really just nitpicking

i sense a change limpy. somehow i see that you will pick less nits in the future.

I finally saw the Blackstar videoclip yesterday. Wow!

I wouldn't call it a satanic ritual (though i get it with the 'fallen angel' metaphore in the form of that beautiful, almost satyr-like, actress), but i sensed it was of like a pagan one.

I wonder what we saw there though: Bowie, who was blinded, saw anyway? What did he see?

Three things peaked my interest:

- The ritual with the females + the skull. What was that about? What power was summoned there? I especially loved how the head druid placed the skull on the shoulderblades of the bowing woman in the end.

- The 3 man on crucifixes + the looming, almost demon like figure, stalking beneath.

- The shaky dancers in the shack with bowie: one male white, almost albino like figure, one strong black, yet almost worn-out male figure, and the female whom i didn't give that much attention on my first watch. What struck me though was how she was positioned next to the albino figure in the end.

Gonna rewatch and try to connect it some more. Do you guys have any thoughts?

I am sorry.

oh i don't care, really

the money went to cancer

there was alcohol being served so nobody minded

everyone had a good time on the macro level

i got to hang out (and play music) with my closest friends

i got to meet some awesome people

it was a blast

i am really just nitpicking

Cool.

• 2 weeks later...

i sense a change limpy. somehow i see that you will pick less nits in the future.

I finally saw the Blackstar videoclip yesterday. Wow!

I wouldn't call it a satanic ritual (though i get it with the 'fallen angel' metaphore in the form of that beautiful, almost satyr-like, actress), but i sensed it was of like a pagan one.

I wonder what we saw there though: Bowie, who was blinded, saw anyway? What did he see?

Three things peaked my interest:

- The ritual with the females + the skull. What was that about? What power was summoned there? I especially loved how the head druid placed the skull on the shoulderblades of the bowing woman in the end.

- The 3 man on crucifixes + the looming, almost demon like figure, stalking beneath.

- The shaky dancers in the shack with bowie: one male white, almost albino like figure, one strong black, yet almost worn-out male figure, and the female whom i didn't give that much attention on my first watch. What struck me though was how she was positioned next to the albino figure in the end.

Gonna rewatch and try to connect it some more. Do you guys have any thoughts?

i haven't read all of this article but here:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/occult-universe-david-bowie-meaning-blackstar/

that is a great read. it ties together a lot of things, some things i was aware of (esoteria) and some thing that i was not aware of (the history of bowie). it also sheds a beautiful light on some things that i did not see.

i'm glad i read this; it has shown me the ability to be multiple things at once & as a result has strenghtened my resolve

"We are all on The Path--and the road leads upward ever, with frequent resting places."

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A great life wasted to feed a small crowd of people who discovered him 2 years ago.

Imagine being off your fucking gord on Fucking LSD, and you literally consume David Bowie through your nostrils. And then you go home and tell everyone "hey check it...I consumed the ashes of David Bowie while I was on LSD at burning man" and you are thrown into a padded white room and never heard from again

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/sep/12/david-bowie-final-songs-released-lazarus-cast-album-michael-c-hall

"An album featuring David Bowie’s final recordings will be released this autumn. Lazarus Cast Album, out in October, will include interpretations of classics from the late pop star’s career by the cast of his hit off-Broadway show Lazarus, as well as three of his final studio recordings."

I hate it when the music industry does something like that, it's more than often useless and never brings good things to an artist legacy (imho).

But well, it's Bowie, and I want to believe it won't be just a cash grab but rather a nice last piece of music !

Archived