IGNORED

The Stars Look Very Different Today - RIP David Bowie

Soloman Tump

I wonder if Blackstar was his way of saying goodbye?

Awful news, 2016 is off to a pretty shitty start. A real loss, but I think people will be listening to his music for a very, very long time. A true giant of humanity. I only wish I could have even a millionth of his fearlessness and creativity.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fuck, should have bought some david bowie stock before. a new critically acclaimed album and now an unexpected death right after the release will do wonders for bowie related sales. real sad about it now.

ahh I see your from Israel lol

Guest bitroast

I wonder if Blackstar was his way of saying goodbye?

https://www.facebook.com/tony.visconti1/posts/10208522003550232

Tony Visconti

He always did what he wanted to do. And he wanted to do it his way and he wanted to do it the best way. His death was no different from his life - a work of Art. He made Blackstar for us, his parting gift. I knew for a year this was the way it would be. I wasn't, however, prepared for it. He was an extraordinary man, full of love and life. He will always be with us. For now, it is appropriate to cry.

Normally I shrug when celebs die, but this one has hit me hard

rip david. thank you for showing me the light

same - I don't even know much of his music but he's one of the few people who can convince a total obscurism fanatic to believe in pop.

what a life

Terrible news. Shit. Low is one of my all time favourite albums, Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust are absolute classics as well. Pretty much love everything up to Lodger, after which I'm not that familiar with them, bar the odd song or two.

I got to see you live only once, and it was magical

I was at this as well, fantastic performance.

Here's one of my favourites of his:

Complete legend, funny as fuck too. I'll always love him.

he was this funny in person as well ... a genuinely awesome person and one of the least pretentious/precious/egotistical artists i've ever met. a definite exception to the rule that you should never meet your "heroes" ...RIP!

Complete legend, funny as fuck too. I'll always love him.

he was this funny in person as well ... a genuinely awesome person and one of the least pretentious/precious/egotistical artists i've ever met. a definite exception to the rule that you should never meet your "heroes" ...RIP!

I've always heard that he was very polite IRL. He always made for a good cameo in comedies:

fuck, should have bought some david bowie stock before. a new critically acclaimed album and now an unexpected death right after the release will do wonders for bowie related sales. real sad about it now.

are you joking? time & place, this is neither

its funny if you knew that david bowie actually issued his own stock on royalties of his future output. "bowie bonds"

Archived