IGNORED

The Stars Look Very Different Today - RIP David Bowie

Soloman Tump

I've ordered the vinyl for Blackstar, I'm almost scared to listen to it knowing his intentions for the album now....

It must have been very emotional for him, making this album.... kind of his own way of coming to terms with what was about to happen?

It's quite an album. Rather powerful/painful, but very good. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I'll approach it with respect, for sure...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:music:

I am sitting in the chestnut tree

Who the fuck is gonna mess with me

:music:

David, tnx, you gave enough. Go on and be at peace

watch the blackstar video

i will!

I've ordered the vinyl for Blackstar, I'm almost scared to listen to it knowing his intentions for the album now....

It must have been very emotional for him, making this album.... kind of his own way of coming to terms with what was about to happen?

It's quite an album. Rather powerful/painful, but very good. He knew exactly what he was doing.

A wicked album. A wonderful marraige of music, art & his ultimate passing that truly transcends in many, many ways into something I can't recall seeing before. It's like David knew exactly how everything was to unfold & timed everything damn near to the hour of lift off. I bow in respect.

I wonder was it actually the cancer that killed him in the end, he looked it pretty good health in the last few days apparently, and had suffered six heart attacks in recent years. He was a smoker.

I wonder was it actually the cancer that killed him in the end, he looked it pretty good health in the last few days apparently, and had suffered six heart attacks in recent years. He was a smoker.

I wonder if these pictures where taken in his last days

If we can believe Ivo Ten Hove's account it was indeed the cancer. (supposedly liver cancer) Depending on the kind of cancer, the treatment and the condition of the patient, cancer can be a real silent killer.

Belgian theatre director Ivo van Hove worked with the British musician on his last stage musical, Lazarus, in New York. ‘Bowie was still writing on his deathbed, you could say,’ Van Hove told NPO Radio 4. ‘I saw a man fighting. He fought like a lion and kept working like a lion through it all. I had incredible respect for that.’ Van Hove, who says Bowie was suffering from liver cancer, was one of the few people who knew about the singer’s illness, after Bowie explained to him why he would not always be able to attend rehearsals. He was with Bowie at the premiere of Lazarus last month, one of the singer’s last public appearances.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2016/01/shock-and-condolences-as-netherlands-reacts-to-david-bowies-death/

http://music.blog.austin360.com/2016/01/13/bowie-street-sign-ch-ch-changed-to-honor-david-bowie-in-downtown-austin/

Bowie Street sign ch-ch-changed to honor David Bowie in Downtown Austin

There’s now a change.org petition to make the name change from Bowie Street to David Bowie Street permanent. From the petition:bb_5921.jpg?w=640&h=427

“The Austin Transportation Department has been notified that someone got creative with the street sign at Bowie and 5th Streets, changing the sign to read “David Bowie” in memory of the musician and pop-culture icon. We appreciate Austin’s reputation as the Live Music Capital of the World and recognize David Bowie for all he did for the music industry and more. To this end, we will leave the sign up until Tuesday, January 19, so our community can enjoy the makeshift memorial a few days longer. At that time we will have to replace it with the real street name sign.”

Archived