IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

I know they have in the past, i was basing that opinion off the idea that they apparently have exceedingly high standards for venues and sound systems now.

Ah, sorry.

I have a vague recollection that they played in the dark at Glade 2008 (weirdly I can find no videos to confirm one way or another); if so then at least some festivals are willing to oblige on that front.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are people seriously complaining about the ticket price on this one? this is the cheapest bang for buck lineup I've ever seen. maybe I'm just used to jacked up PNW festival pricing where it's $375 for a crock of shit and 4 good bands. $205 for this is a steal. it's the travel/housing that really gets me

errr... last years lineup was loads better imo and ~$300 for two passes versus ~$500 for two passes this time?

still absurdly cheap when it comes to festival pricing

I'm going. Really liked the art installations last year. Seen NIN a few times wouldn't mind seeing again. Of interest to me: Tyler the Creator, Jamie XX, Phantogram, The Jesus Lizard, Nina Kraviz, En Vogue, Of Montreal, Roni Size, Jlin, Acid Jeep

Also lol @ people complaining about $200 for a 2 day festival with this much packed in

I'm going. Really liked the art installations last year. Seen NIN a few times wouldn't mind seeing again. Of interest to me: Tyler the Creator, Jamie XX, Phantogram, The Jesus Lizard, Nina Kraviz, En Vogue, Of Montreal, Roni Size, Jlin, Acid Jeep

Also lol @ people complaining about $200 for a 2 day festival with this much packed in

^^^ right??

The ticket price seems reasonable to me considering the lineup. If i lived nearby this would be a no-brainer for me.

Especially with all the art, Venetian Snares, Jlin, Thom Yorke, St Vincent, Tyler the Creator, Gas, NIN, En Vogue, Tim Hecker in addition to a bunch of other interesting acts i'm just hearing of now for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we going to this guise

i dunno are u?
not unless we're all going
i'll go if you go or guidewire goes

i'll go if you go or guidewire goes or dr. lopez goes or phudoshin goes or kattin goes

omg what if all of the above go

watmmgasm

Are we going to this guise

i dunno are u?
not unless we're all going
i'll go if you go or guidewire goes

i'll go if you go or guidewire goes or dr. lopez goes or phudoshin goes or kattin goes
too far from Finland for me I’m afraid :(

I'm getting advertised to on Facebook as this DfN being about the "Year of Women". It then lists all the women performers complete with a gender war in the comments. One woman said something to the effect of "it's about time--especially after what they did to Björk last year". Hoo boy...I also can't tell when it's ok to make this joke so I'll just do it: the automatic fire stood out so well in Vegas because it was Jason Aldean. If Stephen Paddock had done that to us during Aphex Twin, we would have thought it was some unreleased HAB-era bits. If he did it at the set closing, there would have been no recognition at all. Well this is all offensive enough for one post.

and DFN is a city festival too, which... yikes 

I'm going you guys :) Still working out where i'm gonna stay but i have my flight scheduled. I think i'm gonna go for the Friday pass too just for Earl Sweatshirt. I'm flying in on Thursday to see a little of the city and maybe take in a NASA tour. Did any of you check that out last year?

• 2 weeks later...

They broke up the festival into individual day passes. This sealed the deal for me so my sister and I are doing Saturday. I briefly mourned Phantogram, Tim Hecker and Ye Olde Thom Yorke but I can live without them for the savings. Whitley let's continue the conversation about calibrating high performance instrumentation....12 months later.

That's right, we never finished our conversation because PBoD came in and sat down with us. It's a no for me right now, but the idea has been up in the air. A few other people invited me down as well so we'll see....

• 2 weeks later...

be honest: what did you think of him in 2007 compared to 1995?

Oh fuck mate--no comparison. That was full-on heroin Downward Spiral tour where we got pelted by broken DX-7 keys and moshing/crowd surfing was still allowed. Granted, I was 15 and about as big a fan as one could be so that definitely amplifies it. NIN these days are as enhanced and refined as the veneers on his teeth and the tren in his bloodstream but it should still be a helluva show.

I got to see NIN regularly throughout the 90s, even twice in 1989.  that was hilarity.

Archived