IGNORED

Your Guilty Pleasure

fumi

The machinedrum thread got me thinking.

What artists are a guilty pleasure for you? So you like Coldplay, do you?

Confession time. It's good for the soul.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old School Rave

guilty pleasure? 

As much as Shut Up and Dance - Green Man (rum and black mix), Human Resource - Dominator (joey beltram mix), Bass 305 (not necessarily in this category but similar),  certain cj bolland tracks, and a lot of other stuff I really enjoy is great to my ears, I recognize the potential for it to be viewed as extremely cheesy. There is obviously a ton of rave stuff that is very tasteful and timeless though like dj pierre, tons of Detroit stuff, etc.

The occasional cheesy old trance track, System F or whatever lol.

Old drum and bass, complete with cheesy vocals (like Goldie). 

Laibach.

I get out to the odd trance night with an old buddy of mine, zero fucks given.

Old Laibach is the shit, I will fight you. Though I am partial to a lot of shitty late 90s/early 00s "industrial". Weighing up if I want to see VNV Nation live next year. :catrecline:

Old School Rave

guilty pleasure? 

As much as Shut Up and Dance - Green Man (rum and black mix), Human Resource - Dominator (joey beltram mix), Bass 305 (not necessarily in this category but similar),  certain cj bolland tracks, and a lot of other stuff I really enjoy is great to my ears, I recognize the potential for it to be viewed as extremely cheesy. There is obviously a ton of rave stuff that is very tasteful and timeless though like dj pierre, tons of Detroit stuff, etc.

..yea, i understand now what you mean. some of those are kind of ok though.. mayb just good for a laugh and to jump around and hav fun  :)

Laibach.

Old Laibach is the shit, I will fight you. Though I am partial to a lot of shitty late 90s/early 00s "industrial". Weighing up if I want to see VNV Nation live next year. :catrecline:

Sasha - Xpander

System F - Lost in Space 

System F - Out of the Blue

I love those tracks. Takes me back to when I was a wee-kiddo first finding electronic music. My dad was big into rock and metal etc (we always played music around the house) so the tunes I was finding were just, I dont know, mine? 

yea, phil in th radio and th teeny-tiny school crushes. we played show me yours in the wood and i got my first hard. i thought it was magic; like a superpower no one else had. i had no idea / didn't know any better. his voice was velvet and creamy.. 

I like Moby a lot, even if all his music sounds the same, but it's a sound I like. I don't feel guilty about it though. I probably feel most guilty about enjoying this song.

yeah I have a soft spot for that era of EBM stuff..  Covenant, VNV, Assemblage 23 etc.. reminds me of my brief goth era lol

Fucking yeah! I know what you mean, I think I've always been a bit of a closet goth.

Laibach.

Sasha - Xpander

System F - Lost in Space 

System F - Out of the Blue

I love those tracks. Takes me back to when I was a wee-kiddo first finding electronic music. My dad was big into rock and metal etc (we always played music around the house) so the tunes I was finding were just, I dont know, mine? 

Hah fuck yeah! Lush tunes. I'm kinda lucky to have Birmingham down the road from me, still quite the trance scene there (Sadly Godskitchen went bust, had a fair few decent nights with them, always a sound crowd).

I like Moby a lot, even if all his music sounds the same, but it's a sound I like. 

What artists are a guilty pleasure for you? So you like Coldplay, do you?

I like Coldplay but after the single for Ghost Stories I stopped caring

Weird Al

U2 and REM's entire catalog (I have not heard Songs of Innocence though)

Disney OSTs from the 80s and 90s

Sugar Ray's album 14:59

this and some other cheese from the mid-00s before I found out about the 99% of other electronic/dance music out there

I am pretty tolerant of a lot of crap nu metal, alt rock, etc from the late 90s / early 00s for nostalgic reasons...that's partly why I found 0PN's G.O.D. so intriguing

no such thing as a guilty pleasure imo, if you like something you shouldn't be ashamed

diversity is awesome

I agree with this, in theory, but irl there's certain music I would never tell certain people I enjoy. PC Music, for example. I dont feel guilty of course, but I'd never let my friends catch me listening to that

no such thing as a guilty pleasure imo, if you like something you shouldn't be ashamed

diversity is awesome

I agree with this, in theory, but irl there's certain music I would never tell certain people I enjoy. PC Music, for example. I dont feel guilty of course, but I'd never let my friends catch me listening to that

I guess true guilty pleasure would be like, I dunno, music you like that has moral issues attached

i.e. atmospheric black metal band from east europe with iffy sociopolitical leanings or iconography

or music made by convicted murders like big lurch or x-raided

or burzum

or fascist ambient lol

ooh hey maybe 311 could be considered one but I'm very open about my love of their music.. so maybe not. I still feel like I'm the only person in the universe who still listens to them sometimes though ahha

I guess true guilty pleasure would be like, I dunno, music you like that has moral issues attached

i.e. atmospheric black metal band from east europe with iffy sociopolitical leanings or iconography

or music made by convicted murders like big lurch or x-raided

or burzum

or fascist ambient lol

good point yeah.. I sometimes feel this way about that martial industrial/neofolk/neopsych whatever stuff that my bandmate loves

Archived