Sign in to follow this  
fumi

Your Guilty Pleasure

ooh hey maybe 311 could be considered one but I'm very open about my love of their music.. so maybe not. I still feel like I'm the only person in the universe who still listens to them sometimes though ahha

I guess true guilty pleasure would be like, I dunno, music you like that has moral issues attached

i.e. atmospheric black metal band from east europe with iffy sociopolitical leanings or iconography

or music made by convicted murders like big lurch or x-raided

or burzum

or fascist ambient lol

good point yeah.. I sometimes feel this way about that martial industrial/neofolk/neopsych whatever stuff that my bandmate loves

burzum for sure because i literally feel guilty listening to it

this song

the weirdest thing to me is that he references listening to iron maiden in such a poppy shit hole song

no such thing as a guilty pleasure imo, if you like something you shouldn't be ashamed

diversity is awesome

I agree with this, in theory, but irl there's certain music I would never tell certain people I enjoy. PC Music, for example. I dont feel guilty of course, but I'd never let my friends catch me listening to that

I guess true guilty pleasure would be like, I dunno, music you like that has moral issues attached

i.e. atmospheric black metal band from east europe with iffy sociopolitical leanings or iconography

or music made by convicted murders like big lurch or x-raided

or burzum

or fascist ambient lol

Yeah I feel guilty enjoying homo bashing Ragga/dance hall. I really like sizzla and there was one banging dancehall track I really loved but then realised the lyrics were about killing gays :(

OJ Simpson tattooed on my dick.

Oh wait is this a music board?

I don't feel guilty for liking anything

I don't feel guilty for liking anything

imo you should feel extremely guilty about this

I loved that Haim album when it came out, Mechanical Animals-era Manson is decent, HIM's earlier stuff, recently discovered it's uncool to like Jean Michel Jarre so I'm throwing Equinox into the list.

Does Bon Iver qualify as a guilty pleasure? I can never tell. Either way, I love those three records he put out. He's always been leaps and bounds ahead of his contemporaries.

I still dig a lot of Weezer's post-Pinkerton material. Raditude and Hurley were garbage but I thought a couple of those early 00's albums were neat, along with the last couple they put out.

I love me some Eric Prydz.

But my friends make fun of me because of that.

I loved that Haim album when it came out, Mechanical Animals-era Manson is decent, HIM's earlier stuff, recently discovered it's uncool to like Jean Michel Jarre so I'm throwing Equinox into the list.

Does Bon Iver qualify as a guilty pleasure? I can never tell. Either way, I love those three records he put out. He's always been leaps and bounds ahead of his contemporaries.

I still dig a lot of Weezer's post-Pinkerton material. Raditude and Hurley were garbage but I thought a couple of those early 00's albums were neat, along with the last couple they put out.

I'm with you on that haim album, lyrics are cheesy af at times but at least half of it is perfect pop music.

Got a huge ABBA soft spot. I know they're kind of everyone's stereotypical guilty pleasure band but even so. Love tunes like SOS, and this. Actually I like a lot of cheesy disco:

Also quite fond of Dire Straits which is definitely very uncool, my dad always used to play them around the house when I was wee. Mind you, Mark Knopfler's solo stuff is excellent in a mostly non-guilty way, lovely blues/folk storytelling kind of songs.

the shins

not the first album bc it's good, but the stuff after

yeah I have a soft spot for that era of EBM stuff..  Covenant, VNV, Assemblage 23 etc.. reminds me of my brief goth era lol

Fucking yeah! I know what you mean, I think I've always been a bit of a closet goth.

Yeah, I really like that Metropolis EBM-flavored trance stuff too. A group that I think is particularly creative is mind.in.a.box. Really stimulating and more involved song structures compared to the other acts for me. They celebrate the Gibson cyberpunk vision and 80s synthpop, but keeping the only the best part of the cheese. Also the cymbal play is totally on point on some tracks (Amnesia)

:nyan:

Also quite fond of Dire Straits which is definitely very uncool, my dad always used to play them around the house when I was wee. Mind you, Mark Knopfler's solo stuff is excellent in a mostly non-guilty way, lovely blues/folk storytelling kind of songs.

nothing wrong with dire straits, great band. i'm sure no one here will hold this against you. 

Blink 182 - Adams Song, and possibly a couple of other tracks from Anema of the State, but that song especially. Love that tune.

Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and the like..

Even some Malmsteen

Listening to... IDM! That's right, we should all be down right up left ASHAMED

no such thing as a guilty pleasure imo, if you like something you shouldn't be ashamed

diversity is awesome

:beer:

Even some Malmsteen

Yep, I like Joe Satriani, Surfing with the Alien, Flying in a Blue Dream and The Extremist all have great tunes on.

Even some Malmsteen

Yep, I like Joe Satriani, Surfing with the Alien, Flying in a Blue Dream and The Extremist all have great tunes on.

Surfing is such a great album. Actually all three of those are amazing. My dad was really into Satriani so I heard a lot of those tracks growing up. I was able to take him to see Satriani live in concert before he passed away, great night I won't soon forget.

Edited by StephenG

Even some Malmsteen

Surfing is such a great album. Actually all three of those are amazing. My dad was really into Satriani so I heard a lot of those tracks growing up. I was able to take him to see Satriani live in concert before he passed away, great night I won't soon forget.

:smile: 

This is my ultimate guilty pleasure .Dat bass.Dat chorus.Sexy.

Genesis P-Orridge, more of an indulgence than a guilty pleasure, but I still tell no one.

Not 'guilty' as such (more 'not guilty' really)

ABC -  Lexicon of Love

Scott Walker - Scott 1-4

Midnight Cowboy Soundtrack