IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

While Russia and terrorism are valid topics of debate, there is no way they should dominate like they do.

In the first three debates, Russia and Putin have been mentioned more than the TPP, trade, race, guns, Social Security, the Supreme Court, education, student debt, poverty, drugs, abortion, climate change, LGBTQ issues and the environment combined, with 137 vs. 132 mentions.

So pretty much like I thought without watching the debates - not many topics of substance. It would be interesting to compare the topics of previous presidential campaigns (not that there would necessarily be more substance to the level of debate - but I would suspect the topics at least would be more on policy issues and less on bullshit) with this one. I wonder how much of this is because of Trump running his campaign basically like a reality TV show.

While Russia and terrorism are valid topics of debate, there is no way they should dominate like they do.

In the first three debates, Russia and Putin have been mentioned more than the TPP, trade, race, guns, Social Security, the Supreme Court, education, student debt, poverty, drugs, abortion, climate change, LGBTQ issues and the environment combined, with 137 vs. 132 mentions.

So pretty much like I thought without watching the debates - not many topics of substance. It would be interesting to compare the topics of previous presidential campaigns (not that there would necessarily be more substance to the level of debate - but I would suspect the topics at least would be more on policy issues and less on bullshit) with this one. I wonder how much of this is because of Trump running his campaign basically like a reality TV show.

if I have time later I might see if there are similar numbers for previous elections. generally speaking I'd expect the topics to be insubstantial as you say but I suspect this particular election might be more ridiculous. Bc Trump obv

lol good point

and yeah thinking back on the debate, very little of substance was discussed. nothing really sank in with me aside from the pure personalities of trump and hillary, like noticing how they talked and reacted to things (yes i was high). but yeah all just empty rhetoric, don't remember hearing any actual plans just "i will do this and it will be great" from both sides. 

while this is all true, at least clinton has a detailed set of proposals on her website, and has done since the start of the primaries, so if a voter wants to have the slightest bit of responsibility for actively participating in democracy they can just do some simple fucking research. trump has more stuff on his now than he did in the primaries, but mostly just a paragraph's worth of text in a few bullet points on each issue (and generally spends more time lying about Clinton than actually promoting his own policies as usual - shoehorning in the emails every chance he gets). obviously if a normal republican candidate had been up there the debates would have been a lot more substantive (clinton would have been able to finish a couple of sentences without being interrupted for one thing), but even then you're only going to be able to scratch the surface in a 90 minute debate.

wowser she's vicious

apparently he is a brave soldier:

http://people.com/politics/trump-boasted-of-avoiding-stds-while-dating-vaginas-are-landmines-it-was-my-personal-vietnam/

Donald Trump claimed he was a “brave soldier” for avoiding STDs during his single years in the late ’90s.

“It’s amazing, I can’t even believe it. I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world, it is a dangerous world out there. It’s like Vietnam, sort of. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave solider,” Trump said in the interview when Howard Stern asked how he handled making sure he wasn’t contracting STDs from the women he was sleeping with.

Horny Donald, he's gonna be too busy grabbin' while guiliani, christie, bannon and roger ailes run the country

He'll be busy inciting violence after he loses, the way things are going.

Maybe after all, the stupid hillbillies are the ones the NSA really wants to keep an eye on.

Oh boy.

https://medium.com/@Chris_arnade/trump-politics-and-option-pricing-or-why-trump-voters-are-not-idiots-1e364a4ed940#.nq9kuygcb

I've seen a few articles recently trying to give some perspective into what these angry trump voters are thinking. They are angry because America has left them behind without their old job. Well, tough shit. Adapt. Me and an entire generation of college graduates have had to do it. If they can't bother to read about how their candidate's policies would actually fuck them over, they are probably not very good at planning for their futures and are low enough on the food chain to not be taken seriously.

https://youtu.be/oYSLkpYrals

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It's funny watching her try and fail to spin this shit.

"does it impact anything of value? NO!"

Actually, it does. It affects everything. The way our country is viewed is based on the leadership we choose to represent us.

Too bad the average dumb fuck thinks she making good points. 

Well actually the one good point is that Trump was chosen because all the politicians are worthless.

wowser she's vicious

http://people.com/politics/trump-boasted-of-avoiding-stds-while-dating-vaginas-are-landmines-it-was-my-personal-vietnam/

Donald Trump claimed he was a “brave soldier” for avoiding STDs during his single years in the late ’90s.

“It’s amazing, I can’t even believe it. I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world, it is a dangerous world out there. It’s like Vietnam, sort of. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave solider,” Trump said in the interview when Howard Stern asked how he handled making sure he wasn’t contracting STDs from the women he was sleeping with.

I'm surprised Stern has pretty much avoided being grouped in with Trump, or any fallout bc of it, Billy Bush lost his job.  I guess it helps Stern has cultivated the image of a obnoxious douche for 35 years, and seems immune to bad press mostly, plus he's on satellite radio now, which is a pay service, but were these recordings from his old syndicated FM and E! TV show broadcasts?

wowser she's vicious

I'm surprised Stern has pretty much avoided being grouped in with Trump, or any fallout bc of it, Billy Bush lost his job.  I guess it helps Stern has cultivated the image of a obnoxious douche for 35 years, and seems immune to bad press mostly, plus he's on satellite radio now, which is a pay service, but were these recordings from his old syndicated FM and E! TV show broadcasts?

he used to catch shit about it all the time. but he was a shock jock from the start and basically a comedian. often his guests were leading the way and the comments were all on the air.. not a "secret tape" .. also he's not doing entertainment news on network TV with a large female audience.  stern can be a total douche but the collection of characters and weirdos he cultivates can sometimes be really entertaining. the stories some people will tell and the just crazy things some of these people have been through.. i used to listen now and then when he was on broadcast radio. i heard him interview gilbert godfried for 3 hours. it's still one of the funniest things i've heard and probably the funniest thing i've heard on the radio.  the stories he told about the "three men and a baby" movie.. (he did one of the voices of a baby for the movies) were ridiculous.. then the lady he was telling the story about (director's assistant) called into the show.. it was surreal. but stern sticks to the "lesbians equal ratings" formula too often and it's quite low ball all the objectification obsessions and insider actor sex history talk.  but arty lang telling drug addict stories can be entertaining now and then. haven't listened in years though. 

billy bush on whatever that show he was on.. hollywood gossip news. just awful. not surprising he got canned... what female actor is going to want to talk to him?  that was some creepy stuff he did "how about  a hug for the donald?"