IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Interesting thread on why we wont need to read muellers report. And casually remarking the russian conspiracy is considered proven in manaforts courts transcripts.

maddow last night was good one. podcast link. big developments yesterday including:

• manafort's sentencing recomendation from the special counsel's office lays out that the things he lied about - breaching his plea deal and utterly fucking himself - were largely about his contacts with kilimnik. 
  • stone's case is linked with the gru case and the special counsel's office has communications between both stone and gru (guccifer2) and stone and wikileaks. 

the manafort one is compelling. just flynn lying to the fbi about talking with russians about sanctions is startling. manafort lying while engaged in a cooperation agreement earned him life in prison, and the thing he lied about was contacts with russian intelligence.

mueller's write-up about manafort is wild

yeah.. this was good. listened to it this morning before heading to work.  

plus this story. but no collusion.. rrriiiiiiiigghht. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/judge-says-paul-manafort-gave-false-statements-investigators-protect-russian-n972381

Judge says Paul Manafort gave false statements to investigators to protect a Russian conspirator

His attempts to shield a Russian conspirator "gives rise to legitimate questions about where his loyalties lie," the judge said.

manafort.. what a fucking douche. 

And casually remarking the russian conspiracy is considered proven in manaforts courts transcripts.

If the collusion angle turns out to be true, I'd prolly turn pro-trump. Putin, although I find his politics abhorrent, is the only realpolitik leader playing chess instead of checkers right now (or so it seems to me). Under his aegis, perhaps America could truly become great once again!  

if you disregard the journalists, activists, and political opponents murdered and jailed, and how he siphons the wealth from his poor country, and how he outright steals elections, he seems like he could be a shit-head.

Edited by very honest

"We have tremendous amounts of drugs...*sssssnnnnniiiiifffffffffff* flowing into our country. Much of them from the southern border."

Real thing, I just watched it and fucking lol'd. Sometimes I think reality is showing us the grandest, most dark satire we've ever seen, folks. It's kind of a masterpiece, believe me. 

"We have tremendous amounts of drugs...*sssssnnnnniiiiifffffffffff* flowing into our country. Much of them from the southern border."

Real thing, I just watched it and fucking lol'd. Sometimes I think reality is showing us the grandest, most dank satire we've ever seen, folks. It's kind of a masterpiece, believe me. 

ftfy

Welp, Donnie pooped his diaper again over SNL and called for some kind of collusion investigation in one of his latest tweets. Never mind that the show parodied every sitting US president regardless of political party since its premier in 1975.

Pretty sure Trump doesn't even like country folk. He just likes the attention.

Just another part of the insanity behind the donnie j travelling shit show. It's amazing how he is never seen interacting with any of his fan club. No photo ops with the coal workers, no chicken fried steak dinners at the main street diners, no roll up the sleeves dirty work. He stands barking on his golden pedestal while they support him blindly, but he wouldn't be able to stand any of them for more than a minute if he actually had a face-to-face conversation with any of them. I mean even the greatest of the snake oil salesmen occasionally had to sample their own product, no?

Pretty sure Trump doesn't even like country folk. He just likes the attention.

Just another part of the insanity behind the donnie j travelling shit show. It's amazing how he is never seen interacting with any of his fan club. No photo ops with the coal workers, no chicken fried steak dinners at the main street diners, no roll up the sleeves dirty work. He stands barking on his golden pedestal while they support him blindly, but he wouldn't be able to stand any of them for more than a minute if he actually had a face-to-face conversation with any of them. I mean even the greatest of the snake oil salesmen occasionally had to sample their own product, no?

Don't get me wrong - I truly believe many country folk mean well. And in some ways I can empathize. Hell, chicken fried steak sounds delish right now. I just feel like the majority of them have misplaced loyalties in today's political climate. Although I can't blame them for their disdain for neoliberals like Hillary.

What we all need to realize - whether conservative or liberal - is that the true enemies are the greedy bastards in power hoarding more than half of the wealth, robbing the rest of us at every turn, and all the public service agencies put in place to help us. That and climate change. If I'm missing the mark here, feel free to correct me, but this is how I understand what's transpired in the overall scheme of things.

but her emails.... 

https://oversight.house.gov/news/press-releases/multiple-whistleblowers-raise-grave-concerns-with-white-house-efforts-to

Multiple Whistleblowers Raise Grave Concerns with White House Efforts to Transfer Sensitive U.S. Nuclear Technology to Saudi Arabia

but her emails....

https://oversight.house.gov/news/press-releases/multiple-whistleblowers-raise-grave-concerns-with-white-house-efforts-to

Multiple Whistleblowers Raise Grave Concerns with White House Efforts to Transfer Sensitive U.S. Nuclear Technology to Saudi Arabia

Not good.

Edit: now under investigation:

https://apple.news/AzbzKibAvSmWuvtwCwIXlsA

What do people think about Bernie consistently voting against Russian sanctions and even the Magnitsky Act? Or his 2016 campaign manager Tad Devine, who worked with Paul Manafort in Ukraine? Nobody had any reason to think about that stuff in 2016, or even notice it. 

What do people think about Bernie consistently voting against Russian sanctions and even the Magnitsky Act? Or his 2016 campaign manager Tad Devine, who worked with Paul Manafort in Ukraine? Nobody had any reason to think about that stuff in 2016, or even notice it. 

didn't know anything about that. or if i did it didn't register.  i hope someone asks him why he didn't vote for the magnitsky act. seems a no brainer to vote yes on it. 

edit:  here's the story

https://pplswar.wordpress.com/2018/07/19/why-did-bernie-sanders-vote-against-the-magnitsky-act/

TLDR:

In conclusion, the most likely explanation for why Sanders voted against the 2012 Magnitsky Act is because he opposed normalizing trade relations with Russia. When a stronger, more consistent version of the Magnitsky Act came up for a vote in 2015 at the beginning of the Kremlin’s election interference campaign, he voted the right way.

Edited by ignatius

didn't know anything about that. or if i did it didn't register.  i hope someone asks him why he didn't vote for the magnitsky act. seems a no brainer to vote yes on it. 

I might not be understanding what happened with him and the Magnitsky Act correctly, upon further reading. But the other stuff is eyebrow raising. Him an Rand Paul(!) were the only two to vote no on some of those bills. 

I guess what concerns me is that in 2016, he was basically controlled opposition whether he realized it or not. If he loses in the primary, we're going to have a lot of emotional college students writing his name on the ballot again. There will be tons of people who will think a slightly less progressive candidate is automatically a corporate shill. As long as a sane Dem gets in and we remain informed and politically active, we'll be fine. 

It'll be a lot easier to make these magical progressive things happen when we aren't being held hostage by a rogue political party.(GOP)

didn't know anything about that. or if i did it didn't register. i hope someone asks him why he didn't vote for the magnitsky act. seems a no brainer to vote yes on it.

I might not be understanding what happened with him and the Magnitsky Act correctly, upon further reading. But the other stuff is eyebrow raising. Him an Rand Paul(!) were the only two to vote no on some of those bills.

I guess what concerns me is that in 2016, he was basically controlled opposition whether he realized it or not. If he loses in the primary, we're going to have a lot of emotional college students writing his name on the ballot again. There will be tons of people who will think a slightly less progressive candidate is automatically a corporate shill. As long as a sane Dem gets in and we remain informed and politically active, we'll be fine.

It'll be a lot easier to make these magical progressive things happen when we aren't being held hostage by a rogue political party.(GOP)

A lot more people are prepared to hold their noses while voting for anyone but trump. Hopefully those few key places where trump edged out Hillary are up for grabs.

But seeing as how the cyber dept within Homeland security that deals with foreign intervention is basically gutted who knows how far Russia will get this time with their meddling.

Hopefully more people register to vote than get disenfranchised by 2020.

Trump will have his core base but hopefully not enough of anything else. He’s already raising lots of cash though.

Then there’s the Mueller factor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rand Paul being a libertarian fuckwad means he lands in unexpected places sometimes. It sounded like Bernie Sanders didn’t think the early version of the magnitsky act went far enough and it actually normalized trade with Russia? Obama administration flip flopped on that version according to that article.

I guess we’ll see. 2020 is only a fartbeat away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's concerning and I'm at a loss to understand why he's done it.