IGNORED

angry rant about a particular drum break

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THAT "YOU BENEDICT" THING IN THE THINK BREAK SOUNDS GOOD, ALSO THAT OTHER STUFF THAT SOUNDS LIKE A HIGH-PITCHED GASP WHEN IT'S SPED UP I GET THAT PEOPLE DID THAT WITH JUNGLE BUT IT GETS OLD AT SOME POINT DON'T YOU THINK

IT JUST MAKES STUFF SOUND BORING BECAUSE EVERY MOTHERFUCKER DOES IT AND UNLIKE OTHER MUSICAL TROPES IT DOESN'T SOUND GOOD AT ALL IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT WASN'T MEANT TO HAPPEN AND I DON'T GET WHY ANYBODY STILL DOES THAT

thank you for your time

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THAT "YOU BENEDICT" THING IN THE THINK BREAK SOUNDS GOOD, ALSO THAT OTHER STUFF THAT SOUNDS LIKE A HIGH-PITCHED GASP WHEN IT'S SPED UP I GET THAT PEOPLE DID THAT WITH JUNGLE BUT IT GETS OLD AT SOME POINT DON'T YOU THINK

IT JUST MAKES STUFF SOUND BORING BECAUSE EVERY MOTHERFUCKER DOES IT AND UNLIKE OTHER MUSICAL TROPES IT DOESN'T SOUND GOOD AT ALL IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT WASN'T MEANT TO HAPPEN AND I DON'T GET WHY ANYBODY STILL DOES THAT

thank you for your time

Can you post examples of what you're trying to talk about?

well i actually like this song, but there's a lot of spam of that here  

I just was thinking of this today because there was this song that some drum and bass dj was playing on the radio and it had that noise coming out in a lazy way. afx does spam that everywhere in the thing i linked above, but it's not in a lazy way. when people just spam samples without changing their personality to their personal style, then it's annoying.

this is a better example of what i find annoying about the use of this specific break. i like some of lone's stuff a lot and i like the other elements of this song, but this just hammers on those weird shouty noises (FROM THE DRUM BREAK FROM "THINK" BY LYN COLLINS, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT ANY OTHER VOCAL/DRUM SAMPLES) over and over again and i don't really understand why people think that it sounds good.

wouldn't let me edit: ah didn't read that you knew it was the think, here is the edited post:

if you don't like get off watmm dammit is quite good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHn48b7iWF0 and I think every featured artist has used it somewhere

is a callback to the rave days, like using the "what the.." juno sound and it sounds good and you are an asshole to think otherwise

IJM removes it just as IDM removes WOO! YEAH! Step up your jungle

edit:

I still prefer it to trap hihats tbh

oh we have a Big boy Here, huh?? well, Let me Tell you Something:

autechre is actually trap

get woke, son :emotawesomepm9::w00t:

reported

this is a better example of what i find annoying about the use of this specific break. i like some of lone's stuff a lot and i like the other elements of this song, but this just hammers on those weird shouty noises (FROM THE DRUM BREAK FROM "THINK" BY LYN COLLINS, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT ANY OTHER VOCAL/DRUM SAMPLES) over and over again and i don't really understand why people think that it sounds good.

I still don't quite understand which part you're talking about - that song has a lot of elements to it!

Could you maybe give time stamps for each time the sound you're talking about is being used? I think that would help me understand which sound or noise you're talking about.

Thanks!

Archived