IGNORED

What if I told You

diatoms

I used to put turmeric in everything.  Actually, wtf- on my desk now I have organic turmeric mixed with sugar from the Philippines...  It's like for a drink or something.

Anyway, I really used to put turmeric in everything I cooked, and it was amazing.  For my rippling muscles when I lived in Egypt, I used to eat canned sardines and turmeric all day long. 

Tumeric

Curry spices and mustard I've bought in the past few weeks. Curry hot has a new composition but still uses tumeric

post-17854-0-52467600-1512337426_thumb.jpgpost-17854-0-40159800-1512337456_thumb.jpgpost-17854-0-31866800-1512337533_thumb.jpgpost-17854-0-33911800-1512337572_thumb.jpgpost-17854-0-21425000-1512337640_thumb.jpgpost-17854-0-01539900-1512337687_thumb.jpg                                                                                                                                                    post-17854-0-59768400-1512337721_thumb.jpgpost-17854-0-09558900-1512337768_thumb.jpg

Here's a company from 2014 :)

post-17854-0-47992000-1512337372_thumb.jpgpost-17854-0-65678100-1512337388_thumb.jpg

Love&Light&HaveFun:)

doesn't matter which way you spell it, it's still a gora word for haldi.

Dilemna sorted

Haldi

Thanks usagi :)

'Dilemna' is a wonderfully widespread misspelling of 'Dilemma'. Many people are confused by this discrepancy and search for some answer to why they were taught to spell it as 'Dilemna'. The answer lies in a sociolinguistic phenomenon influenced by class aspiration called Hypercorrection. You may be familiar with the trope of speakers of the cockney accent adding the letter 'H' to words that don't start with it out of a misguided attempt to master the convoluted grammatical inconsistencies of the English language.

Let's take a look at the word Hymn:

From Middle English ymne, borrowed from Old French ymne, from Latin hymnus, borrowed from Ancient Greek ὕμνος (húmnos)

Now let us look at Solemn:

From Middle English solemne, from Old French solempne, from Late Latin sōlennis and sōlempnis, from Latin sōlemnis, from sollemnis (“ritual; festive, solemn, customary, celebrated at a fixed date”), from sollus (“entire”).

Now let us examine Dilemma:

First attested 1523, from Late Latin dilemma, from Ancient Greek δίλημμα (dílēmma, “ambiguous proposition”), from δι- (di-, “having two of”) + λῆμμα (lêmma, “premise, proposition”).

Under the understanding of hypercorrection, which is the understandable result of contradictory spelling rules within the English language, many people have been taught that the word is spelled with an 'mn'. That this discrepancy is so alarming and confusing to so many people is a great testament to the general ignorance of etymology and sociolinguistics.

You may thank me now.

doesn't matter which way you spell it, it's still a gora word for haldi.

Dilemna sorted

Haldi

Thanks usagi :)

'Dilemna' is a wonderfully widespread misspelling of 'Dilemma'. Many people are confused by this discrepancy and search for some answer to why they were taught to spell it as 'Dilemna'. The answer lies in a sociolinguistic phenomenon influenced by class aspiration called Hypercorrection. You may be familiar with the trope of speakers of the cockney accent adding the letter 'H' to words that don't start with it out of a misguided attempt to master the convoluted grammatical inconsistencies of the English language.

Let's take a look at the word Hymn:

From Middle English ymne, borrowed from Old French ymne, from Latin hymnus, borrowed from Ancient Greek ὕμνος (húmnos)

Now let us look at Solemn:

From Middle English solemne, from Old French solempne, from Late Latin sōlennis and sōlempnis, from Latin sōlemnis, from sollemnis (“ritual; festive, solemn, customary, celebrated at a fixed date”), from sollus (“entire”).

Now let us examine Dilemma:

First attested 1523, from Late Latin dilemma, from Ancient Greek δίλημμα (dílēmma, “ambiguous proposition”), from δι- (di-, “having two of”) + λῆμμα (lêmma, “premise, proposition”).

Under the understanding of hypercorrection, which is the understandable result of contradictory spelling rules within the English language, many people have been taught that the word is spelled with an 'mn'. That this discrepancy is so alarming and confusing to so many people is a great testament to the general ignorance of etymology and sociolinguistics.

You may thank me now.

Thanks Salvatorin :)

Can you help me find a scene in The Matrix where Morpheus says to Neo

"What if I told you that the World you know is just an illusion, that none of this is Real"

"We're gonna need a bigger boat"

This 9 second scene was originally from what film?

https://youtu.be/ZH4lEQqJnEo?t=2588

Spielberg's holocaust classic "Jews", the scene where Schindler realizes his cant fit nearly enough jews in the boat

This 9 second scene was originally from what film?

https://youtu.be/ZH4lEQqJnEo?t=2588

Jawas

Yes I agree

it should be

JAWS

but it's not

What film is this line from?

?

You're/we're same shit when you have a cigarette in your mouth innit