IGNORED

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

bendish

Off the Dombo blog cv (ish), this stands out mainly due to the vagaries:

I worked in Russia 1994-7 on various projects.

As a self-confessed Russophile, who was he working for? Pvt sector, spooks/which side, it isn’t as if he’s been particularly forthcoming about this period. 

His focus here is on education, science & tech + Westminster fools & has been in the public domain for ages, would prob poll well too etc. Still, bloke is clearly not one for any form of compromise:

Lol.

Gov now have to release all docs and communications on prorogation and no deal plans. There's gonna be a ton of juicy shit very soon. Think the aim is to prove de pfeffel misled the queen on his reason for suspending parliament. Full blown constitutional crisis incoming.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That Tory conference. What a horror show. Priti Patel’s speech. And Boris’ Mayor affair. And this new DUP double border bullshit. Fuck me. What do you think of Swinson and current Lib Dem stance, Caze? 

Edited by bendish

you forgot the bit where they were calling for Corbyn to be hung. I mean, I'm not exactly a massive Corbyn fan, but eh....

Swinson is doing a good job so far, most people in Britain still probably have no idea who she is, but she's a bit more visible than the last few leaders, I can see her appealing to far more voters than them too. I agree with the Lib Dem revoke stance, the only problem with it is it's a bit too easily distorted. It's only for if they get a majority, but they'd settle for another referendum in a coalition government. Probably too easy for others to make hay with that confusion. I'd happily revoke article 50 myself tomorrow if I could though.

They definitely had the best party conference out of the three of them, saw a nice bump in the polling thanks to that. Labour's was an utter disaster, and the Tories are all over the place.

Edited by caze

• 2 weeks later...

Boris Johnson has sent a request to the EU for a delay to Brexit - but without his signature.

The request was accompanied by a second letter, signed by Mr Johnson, which says he believes that a delay would be a mistake.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-50112924

EHRWJ6eW4AE9JqE?format=jpg&name=large

EHRWJ7GWsAEMTd4?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
23 minutes ago, bendish said:

Well done bojo!!!

20200630_173258.jpg

Interest stats.  In the first 2 lists I think we are the most ethnically diverse country, and also have the highest population density? Saw something today pointing to that being an reason why Leicester is continuing its lockdown... Don't a lot of Americans have German / Irish heritage? Need to check that.

Germany was riding it out at around 5% excess deaths when I last saw it, so obviously the mass testing program early on really paid dividends.

BoJo looked knackered in his press conference today - by my reckoning the baby will be coming up to 3 months and I recall that being a particularly stressful period!!

Edit:

I also think its too early to compare country to country, but yeah, we not did good

Edited by Soloman Tump

• 2 years later...