IGNORED

Soundcloud closes offices in london/SF

exitonly

This really sucks. Soundcloud has been a big part of my life recently. I started becoming more active posting my own music when Richard started uploading his back catalog and likeminded people started flocking there. I have found a teeny tiny niche audience that i am more than satisfied with. I have no idea if i will be able to reach anyone who will care without Soundcloud.

I've avoided buying a pro subscription because they appear to be in some kind of turmoil.

So, what can we use when SC is gone which provides a similar vibe/utility? I feel like a lot of people would say Bandcamp but it seems less streaming centric compared to SC. Mixcloud has so many legal restrictions (in the US especially). 

So, what can we use when SC is gone which provides a similar vibe/utility? I feel like a lot of people would say Bandcamp but it seems less streaming centric compared to SC. Mixcloud has so many legal restrictions (in the US especially). 

clyp.it seems nice

i recommend deepsea.fm, set up by zvλd

deepsea.fm/register?key=f79e8eebb5d7

yeah I much prefer listening to podcasts on spotify than mixcloud

Just add fucking 5 sec ads already!

theyve added unskippable 30 second ads.

Really? Do they only appear if you don't have a paid membership?

Archived